• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at buying my first deuce is this a good deal?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gunboy1656,
Are you available Sunday? Saturday we are slaughtering pigs in the morning and butchering a beef in the afternoon so my day is shot. Next weekend we will be butchering the pigs so no go next Saturday either. After that I should be good until planting time. 60 acres of corn takes a couple of days.

You should drive one with stock tire/wheel arrangement and one with singles as well as one with and without air assist steering for comparisons.

Heavy gets stuck faster than lighter when comparing 5 ton to a deuce. Also harder to pull out.

jbailly

I know old thread revival, but what the heck. 2 years later and I still haven't bought a truck or driven one for that matter. A little back story I thought we might be buying a house so I cooled my jets, but we still haven't done that either so I still think I want a M35A2 just for simplicity and serviceability and knowledge on this board. Thanks for all the help so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Generally speaking, deuces are bringing 1.5times what an equivalent 939series 5ton truck is bringing.

Supply and demand. The deuce supply has all but dried up, and the 5ton trucks are flooding out.

Carnac has as nice of a deuce as you're going to find, for sale, sitting in my driveway. I'll leave the details in his ad...

Unless you have compelling reasons to choose a a deuce over a 5ton (multifuel, gvwr,manual trans, etc), you can get more truck for less money by going with a 939series 5ton.

rustystud

Generally speaking, deuces are bringing 1.5times what an equivalent 939series 5ton truck is bringing.

Supply and demand. The deuce supply has all but dried up, and the 5ton trucks are flooding out.

Carnac has as nice of a deuce as you're going to find, for sale, sitting in my driveway. I'll leave the details in his ad...

Unless you have compelling reasons to choose a a deuce over a 5ton (multifuel, gvwr,manual trans, etc), you can get more truck for less money by going with a 939series 5ton.
I totally agree. I love my deuce but the 939 has a modern Cummins in it, power steering and a automatic ! Plus it can haul just about anything you would want. My next truck will be a 939 if I can ever swing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks