• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking Clean

jmpogue89

When I first got mine the drive shaft was rubbing on the skid plate. Sounded terrible but after removing them and checking the drive train all was good. I ground the welds off the rear steering locks, put it in first and the the rear steering was operational. The only thing I have had to replace is windshield wipers, oil fill cap, and air filter. Switched to a K&N

Attachments

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first got mine the drive shaft was rubbing on the skid plate. Sounded terrible but after removing them and checking the drive train all was good. I ground the welds off the rear steering locks, put it in first and the the rear steering was operational. The only thing I have had to replace is windshield wipers, oil fill cap, and air filter. Switched to a K&N
Your Growler looks amazing.

I guess you power-washed the entire truck including the engine ?

It looks brand new

Driving with all the canvas off must be a blast.

Did you load it up with 2 passengers in the rear facing seats yet ?

I would love to own one...

jmpogue89

Your Growler looks amazing.

I guess you power-washed the entire truck including the engine ?

It looks brand new

Driving with all the canvas off must be a blast.

Did you load it up with 2 passengers in the rear facing seats yet ?

I would love to own one...
I’ve loaded it up with the kids, went off road, went to looking at Christmas lights. My first attempt at cleaning was at the carwash. More cleaning at the house and a lot of elbow grease. Still performing corrosion control. The next local jeep event I’ll go show it off

black magic tire wet is my secret weapon. Soaks right into the CARC paint

Last edited:

W427

One quart of Hurculiner will double coat the belly pans
Nice. I intend to use the TCP Global Custom Coat spray/roll liner that comes in correct USMC Green: https://tcpglobal.com/collections/bedliner-tints/products/cus-bl-t71-3z
It has good reports, but has anyone here used that before? The tinting is available separately for any compatible urethane liner brand https://tcpglobal.com/collections/bedliner-tints/products/cus-bl-t71-3z but for $30 more you get the whole kit with a spray gun and free shipping, so …

jmpogue89

I got the hurculiner on sale for 10.99. I think the black looks sharp. Im not really a purist when it comes to restoration / work in general.

W427

black magic tire wet is my secret weapon. Soaks right into the CARC paint
Not to be a downer, but professional painters will gasp at that comment. Silicone-based liquids are between very difficult and impossible to remove completely from the paint and crevices, causing touch-ups and re-paints fail after a short time. Even lubricants for hinges and such should be chosen with care to avoid silicones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks