• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for 70-1599 Diode Mep 005a or 006a

Guyfang

Staff member
This part was only used by the military. No hope to find a new one, other then someone who bought up spare parts.

Did you test the bad one? Unhooked the wires and test?

Oh, yeah. Fits a MEP-004A also.

Scoobyshep

I believe that it is just a repurposed bridge rectifier (I say repurposed because that component is designed to turn ac to dc, and it is being used as a set of blocking diodes)

Guyfang

Staff member
That's all it is.
1608935452523.png
A competent electrician should have no problem fabing up something. I am by no means a competent electrician. But think I could come up with something to fit the bill in a short. Make one.

cuad4u

Simple, just buy a bridge rectifier rated at 400 PRV and use 3 out of 4 of its terminals. Use the + and the two AC input terminals. Plus terminal to L2 and two AC terminals to the other inputs.
I agree with "kloppk".. Over the last 30 years I have (tried) to restore many generators, radios, etc. IMO this is just a common bridge rectifier. For a few more cents you can by one rated for 1000 volts instead of 400 volts. This is just a little more safety factor. From the circuit diagram it does not look like you need one with a large amp rating but a large (25 amp) rating won't matter. These diode bridges can bought for around $5. Good Luck!