• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for 86 D30 wire diagram

gimmpy

i am working on a 1986 D30 with 6.2L diesel. im looking for a wire diagram. the original harness is in extremely bad shape. any help would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to install a new harness, but cant find one with a diesel, so I ordered a painless harness and trying to figure out how to do it with diesel. I have rewired many vehicles, but they had gas engines and were wired that way. Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am working on a 1986 D30 with 6.2L diesel. im looking for a wire diagram. the original harness is in extremely bad shape. any help would be greatly appreciated. I am wanting to install a new harness, but cant find one with a diesel, so I ordered a painless harness and trying to figure out how to do it with diesel. I have rewired many vehicles, but they had gas engines and were wired that way. Thanks
Go to the TM section and download TM 9-2320-289-20. Complete schematic is in one of the appendices.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your best bet might be to buy a good harness from one of the members that has parted out a truck. If you go the Painless-wiring route you will be on your own as far as getting help. The CUCV wiring harness is different than the civvy harnesses. Not saying it hasn't been done before but it isn't "painless" ;-) .

I have shipped harnesses to a few members in the past.

And yes the diagrams are in the Technical Manuals. Make sure you read some of the threads in the "Helpful Threads" sticky in the CUCV Forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks