• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a brake spring extension

MajRJO1967

I'm restoring a 1958 M56 and appears the brake pedal spring extension is missing. It's the piece that connects the brake pedal to the spring. Any body have an idea where I can get one?

I can be reached at m56b1ww@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Rick

MajRJO1967

Joe,

Great...thanks! I went to Tractor Supply Co and found some 1/8" X4' steel round stock I MAY be able to make one out of in the event Midwest Military doesn't work out.

Thanks again for the reply!
Rick O :-D

Brett

make your own

About a year ago, I redid the brakes on mine, and was missing the extension as well. I walked next door to my neighbors yard while he was at work, and swiped his obama yard sign. threw the sign in the trash, but saved the wire frame to make my spring extension. It was the perfect material at the perfect price

Brett

BTW The preceding may or may not have contained both truth and lies

MajRJO1967

Brett,

LOL! Funny you should mention that. I picked up an Obama sign last fall and was going to sneak over at night and put it in my neighbors front yard, but I was also going to put a McCain sign on the side facing his house. That way, when he looks out his window he sees McCain, but passers by see Obama! So, by combing the two signs, I actaully have a spare wire frame. Thanks for the tip! Wow, looks like Obama really did something for me. Now if I can only find a job!

Rick

zak

I had a package of 5 of these things. I searched for an hour with no luck. I guess its time to clean the garage. Sorry I couldn't be of help. Here's the assembly anyway.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks