• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a cucv m1009

k1ngc0ld

whats up guys, im looking on buying myself a cucv m1009 k5 blazer and want to know if there are any good places to buy one at. Im looking at a budget of $2000 but $1500 would be a better.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can build one. $1500 should get you a set of axles.

epartsman

Yeah was watching those two. The M1009's are getting harder to come by on GL lately.
That's because there was a finite number of them and they are about gone.

Your budget should be 4K plus reconditioning. If 2K is all you have I hate to say this but an 09 is not for you. Don't get me wrong I love mine and totally have OD fever however these are not for someone on a low budget as repairs and upgrades can get pricey for the non do it yourselfer and if this is your daily driver the likely hood of a breakdown on a 26 to 27 year old vehicle is high. Good luck.

galeo7171

I picked up 2 in the last two months from govdeals. The first one was $1400, runs perfect but is rusty. The second one I just got last month for $600. It needed 2 batteries and a new starter and it started right up. Yes I got lucky. I also bought a 3rd one last month off of craigslist for $600. It had a small fire under the hood but the rest of the truck is nice and rust free, I'm in the process of changing all that burned . You've got be patient and keep your eyes open.

stationjj

Are you sure that's not your repair/Parts budget? You can easily spend $1500 on repairs, parts, and upgrades.

CUCVs are 26 plus years old. Parts are failing and rubber is dry rot.

Example a few weeks ago my heater core started leaking. In the process I found my blower motor going bad. Parts add up quickly.

I wish you luck on finding a CUCV. before you spend your money make sure you understand what your getting into. Do your research on this site!

stationjj

jeeplvr247

I got my '09 in your price range. It ran great and was all original but did have some rot in the wheel wells. I had to watch craigslist for a long time to find that deal though. The key is patience, don't hop on the first one you see for sale if you want a good deal.

sierrajcharlie

There was one in my area awhile back that I looked at. Terrible rust, the underneath was coated in fluids, interior alright not great, 60000 miles, decent tires, newer front and rear end. I would of bought it for the tires and ends but he wouldn't budge from 2800.00. Good luck with your search. Sometimes you do get lucky if you're patient. 2cents

k1ngc0ld

Yea.... sounds like most of y'all got bent over when u got your m1009s. I've heard of plenty of guys getting theirs for the price range im looking at. I found one on craigslist a year ago for $2000.

I've decided to forget about a 09 and pick up an 98around suburban with everything im looking for.

cshaw07

You can find them for that price range, just gotta be watching. My 09' had 27k on the clock, running and driving (though not well) no rust, crappy seats and dash pad and the guy was asking $2500. He was looking for a trade, i called and told him I'd give him cash for it and what was his lowest price. He said $1300..... I got in my truck went to the bank and went to his house within a few hours to purchase my new CUCV, drove it an hour home. It needed about $500 in batteries/alternator/GP stuff but other than that it runs like a top. I got lucky. Now i have way too much money in it, and the fenders are all cut up. But its the most fun vehicle i own! I have a complete turbo set up for it too now. I'd hold out for a CUCV and pass on the BURB, but to each his own. Good luck with what ever you end up doing.

patience ... patience .... Is the KEY word in searching for one... I paid 5g for mine.. and it was 95% stock.. the reason I jumped on it, was due to it already having axles from a M1008... and I've easily dumped another 5g plus in getting it where she is today... I will easily dump another 2-3G in her with the mods I have in mind...I'm actually afraid to know exactly how much, I've "invested" in ole Beulah.....lol

THE GREEN MACHINE

I just bought two M1009's at a local city surplus action that had five for sale. Paid $50 for one and $80 for the other. Put battery's in the $50 camo unit and it started right up. Needs tires, belts and other small parts. The other needs engine work but I have three from G.L. in the cans. They sold the three others that day and they sold for (#1) $80 that needed a transmission work and other small parts, (#2) went for $500 and was in good shape and looked like it would run with battery's and (#3) went for $900 and ran just needed battery's.

Last edited:
I just bought two M1009's at a local city surplus action. Paid $50 for one and $80 for the other. But battery's in the $50 camo unit and it started right up. the other needs engine work but I have three from GL in the cans. they sold three others that day,#1 for $80 that needed a transmission work, #2 $500 and was in good shape and looked like it would run with battery's and #3 went for $900 and just needed battery's.
Thanks Green Machine! Rub it in why don't ya.....aua lol...