• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Generator guru in West Texas

Cwbyeng

I found a MEP004 & can't seem to make it work. Is there anyone around Abilene/Midland/Lubbock Tx area that knows anything about these critters?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In case you don't find someone to make a house call - You can post your questions here on the forum. Be sure to include any troubleshooting you've done per the technical manuals.

If you haven't downloaded the TMs you should do that and do some reading. Lots of good troubleshooting info in there.

Cwbyeng

I have all the the TM's. (Thanx for having those available. My main issue is time. An hour here & an hour there to work on it doesn't work well. The unit was starting & running, but no juice. It wouldn't flash. Figured the speed swith was the issue, so replaced it. Didn't help, but I think I may have installed wrong or got a bad one - the rubber bushing on the drive shaft disentegrated - so as soon as I have time, I'll swap the circuit board to the old switch.

Meantime the engine cranks & will run for a minute then slow down & die - think there is a fuel issue with fuel pumps on the day tank. Haven't had time to test that yet...

Guyfang

Staff member
If you think you might have installed the wrong speed switch, what good will it do to change the circuit card from one speed switch to another? Perhaps you need to look the part numbers for both speed switches up in the Parts TM and find out if you have the right switch? This does not sound like a hard problem to solve, but you need to use the trouble shooting guide.

Cwbyeng

The new speed switch was the right one, but the little keyed shaft connects to a rubber bushing inside the switch. After I installed it & later took it back off the keyed shaft stayed on the engine. The rubber bushing came apart inside the switch. The shaft & bushing is good on the old switch so a CB swap should get me a good switch again. Next chance I get I'll TS the fuel issue, then go back to the juice issue.

I thought I would ask if anyone was close to my area that might be willing to take on a project for extra cash...

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, I call Texas home, but its a long way home for me. would love to do it.

Take a multimeter and measure voltage at the Injector pump solenoid. Hold it there and see if you lose voltage. If the solenoid doesn't stay energised, the gen set will run until the fuel in the pumps runs out. Then it just kinda slows down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks