• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a M1079 Mechanic

DMPSound

hello all,

i live on Long Island NY and was wondering if anyone knew of a Mechanic that works on these trucks on the island.... i have been having trouble finding anyone... i have a noise on the front hub gears (i believe) and may be due to the spacers, from what i read... and not having to tools to even tackle this job... i was wondering if anyone knew anyone that can help with this.... i have been using TLC Truck in Farmingdale for many things and they have been very helpful and really nice people.... but they dont know My Truck and thought the noise was because of straight cut gears and was normal.... i dont think thats the case and after reading and talking here... its not normal... well maybe normal that many have this problem, but is usually because of the spacers in the hubs... and you need special tools to measure this... so that is the reason for my post... i am a bit afraid to drive the truck with this noise and i dont want to damage it. i love the truck and have put some work into it, making it into an RV... but i need to trust it... any help would be awesome and i dont mind spending the money to have someone work on it... i just want it to be safe :)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you at least changed the oil in the hubs? If when you drain the oil you get filings out that will tell you a lot.

DMPSound

yes i changed all the hubs a few days ago.... there were no filings in any of the hubs... one of the front ones was a little dark and the rears were over filled but all clean... the noise seems to come from the front.

Asymair95

Louie Corona on the Facebook group had some work done at a shop in westchester county. He said they were very good and reasonably priced. I don’t remember the name of the place at the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks