• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a source for the M543a2 Rear Brake Lock Solenoid

I have searched high and low both on the web and through my local contacts and I cannot find a replacement for the electric brake lock that locks the rear wheels on the wreckers

Mine was working great when I got the truck and about a year ago it began to not apply intermittently - now there is nothing... I still have 24v power going to the coil so I gather either the coil failed or the spindle of the check valve has decided to freeze inside...

It is in a pretty hard to reach spot on the frame beside the t-case so I don't really want to put I in and out several times...

Anyhow does anyone know where to get a NOS replacement - I would be interested in 2 or 3 of them as I was thinking of putting one on the Duece as well.

Any help is much appreciated - it's hard to use the truck when you have to block it every time you want to make a pick on uneven ground

Regards

Matt

I did already check with Mico - and they don't sell anything 24v direct replacement - actually it would be a custom order at 460.XX bucks a pop - then I would still have to strip off the alarm and horn wigwag crap that they are required to sell them with now in case the pressure starts to drop and run adapters to make the fittings the same... It was also like a 2 month lead time - I was a little less than impressed :-/

I heard a while back that one of the military auto electric guys had some OEM ones but now I cannot find the thread or contact info...

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the valve look like this? Kevin Emdee had this for sale at the Findlay show. I asked him about it and he said it was a brake lock valve. He believed it to be a replacement for the GMC 2.5 tons with auto transmissions (i.e. M211, M135, M215, etc.) It appeared that it might work for later model trucks as well.

IMG_20150519_101227[1].jpg

JWC - yes - it looks similar to that but only uses one wire - I believe it grounds through the shell - I will have to crawl under there again to get a better look - they tucked it way in the absolute most inaccessible spot on the truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks