• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a TM on airpack troubble shooting

crazywelder72

I am reading up on my airpack and inside TM-9-2320-209-34-2-1 it says to reference TM 9-2320-209-20.

I cant seem to find that.

anyhow, for what its worth. my brakes were stuck on. I bled just a small amount from the hydraulic line at the air pak bleeder. brakes released and brake light went out.

when i step on the brakes the light sticks on again but the brakes do not (Thank god). if i let the pressure off out the bleeder the light goes out.

so i think the switch is working, but is this a master cylinder issue or a airpack issue?

Attachments

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wrestled with my brakes (master cylinder removal, check and clean), though my braking situation was a little different.

What is your pedal doing?

One thing I learned from my l-o-n-g weekend of MC removal and cleaning was that purging the old fluid and replacing with all new DOT 5 really bled the crud and goo and air from the lines. I have good brakes now. My problem was the master cylinder check valves. They were pretty gummed up. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean the innards. A pressure bleeder was important. I bled and bled until all I saw was fesh purple fluid.

Capt.Marion

TM-9-2320-209-20 is the Organizational Maintenance series, so it has a bunch of different volumes that it's listed under.

TM9-2320-209-20-1 is the Maintenance Schedule
-20-2-1 and -20-2-2 are the Org. Maintenance Troubleshooting
-20-3-1, 2, 3, and 4 are the actual Organization Maintenance repair manuals
-20P is the parts manual

You'll probably want to look in both the Troubleshooting manuals and the actual repair manuals. They are all listed on the "Deuce TM's" page here.

Last edited:

crazywelder72

I just wrestled with my brakes (master cylinder removal, check and clean), though my braking situation was a little different.

What is your pedal doing?

One thing I learned from my l-o-n-g weekend of MC removal and cleaning was that purging the old fluid and replacing with all new DOT 5 really bled the crud and goo and air from the lines. I have good brakes now. My problem was the master cylinder check valves. They were pretty gummed up. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean the innards. A pressure bleeder was important. I bled and bled until all I saw was fesh purple fluid.
My pedal was at the rest position and you could hardly depress it 2 inches and nothing further. I had my friend crack the bleeder on the airpak and ot out only a few tablespoons of fluid but i had a normal pedal again. working the brakes on and off seemed to be operating fine but the brake lights would stick on until we cracked the bleeder again.

so i dont know if the master cylinder is hanging up now or is this truly a airpak issue.

not to long ago I had to do a wheel cylinder and we added dot5 because my master cylinder was empty and we bled the system starting at the master cyl and down at all the wheels.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks