• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for advice on singling out my rear axle.

mattyboy

Looking for some tips. I am using XM381 instructions which:naner: look straight forward. looking for tips to get lugs off, that is my main concern. I beileive they have not been removed in 20 years. I have Pork chop from local truck parts place. and I am hoping to reuse lugs off trailer when all done, someone correct me if im wrong. thanks in advance. took truck into my buddies mulch pile made a big mess of it but learned how unstoppable these trucks are..

KsM715

The porkchop isnt used initially to remove the wheels from the truck. You just need the correct size socket and a huge breaker bar. Also remember the lugs on the driver side "should" be backwards from normal. (clockwise to loosen) Other than that its pretty straight forward, remove the outer lug nuts, pull the outer tire then remove the inner "thimble" and the inner tire will come off. The pork chop is used when the outer lug will not come off the inner thimble. In that case you will have to remove all the lug nuts that you can and then remove the thimbles with the two wheels stuck together and then use the porkchop to get the stuck lugnut and thimble apart. Or atleast loosen the stuck pair (lugnut and thimble ) somewhat then put the porkchop on and tighten the thimble back down to break them apart.

Last edited: