• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for alternator parts

wholden

I recently picked up an M1009 at a local auction that in some ways is in really good condition and some ways not so good. It looks like someone at some time was going to change it over to 12v. I need to make it back to "right", back to 10 20 standards. Anyways, the driver's side alternator is missing along with the top bracket. I have the part number for the alternator thanks to the FAQ section (thanks to all that have contributed to that). Still looking for the top bracket. Anyone know where to find one or the GM part number I could go to the dealership with? Thanks!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, would those part numbers be the AC Delco part numbers? (I know not the NSN numbers)

Thanks!
Yes. Hope they're still available. Might be able to get them from a donor at a salvage yard.

Cucvnut

I jsut called the guy who has one and he sold his parts truck :( if you need an alternator i can help you with that it need a rebuild but i have an extra one.

wholden

I jsut called the guy who has one and he sold his parts truck :( if you need an alternator i can help you with that it need a rebuild but i have an extra one.
Thanks for trying! I will let you know about the alternator. I have a buddy up here that has a parts truck (already missing the bracket before I got this truck) but I think he has an old alternator.

Sad thing is that I know were there are a BUNCH of parts trucks here on post but that have not turned them into DRMO and considering they have been sitting there for years I dont see that happening anytime soon.

zyrtecx

NAPA can get all the parts you need including a rebuilt unit from Wilson Electric...
The alternator is a Delco 27si
The Wilson Electric Alternator is somewhat pricey...
You can locate Wilson Electric by doing a Google search.

wholden

I was able to pick up a new alternator and belts on the way home tonight thanks to all the info posted on the FAQ thread. Even got to solinoid for the under dash mod listed in a different post. All I had to do is tell them a part number. Also was able to pick up a BUNCH of fusable link in different sizes to redo all what is a bit toasted. Have to wait a bit for the 24V starter solinoid that the "S" post broke off when I pulled it to check to see if it was still a 24V starter (it is).

This vehicle use to be a "Department of Health and Human Services" vehicle for one of the villages up here. I suspect it started to get a few problems and when someone tryed to work on it they didnt understand the 24V/12V systems on it. It still has most of the 24V stuff so getting it all right should not be much but I suspect the missing alternator bracket is still sitting in a little side garage in Nome or Bethel.......

Here are a couple of pictures just snapped a min ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

wholden

cool rig man ! I really want an M1009 for the wife to be
Thanks! Kind of funny you mention the wife........... My better half has decided that she would like to have a M1009 for herself to replace her Grand Cherokee that has seen its better days. Don’t have to tell me twice! I don’t think this one will be done soon enough for her liking but I do happen to know of one or two others for sale on the road system here I think I can make her happy with!