• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for an Air Intake Pipe?

tklm539

I am not really even sure what it is called. I am looking to move the air intake from vertical to horizontal with a 90 degree elbow. Does anyone know where I could find such an elbow?

Thanks

Tom

houdel

Most any auto parts store has or can order them. What is a 4" O.D. x 4" I.D. elbow, usually used for HD truck exhaust work, also works to convert your air inlet from horizontal to vertical.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just cleaning my shed (getting ready to PCS to Atlanta), and found some exhaust I won at a GL auction awhile ago. It was supposed to be for a duece, but I think it is the piece closest to the engine for a 5 ton. Anyway I saw this thread and it got me thinking: It is 4" diameter. If you cut off the flange and attached it to the air cleaner assy, it would exit the hood panel go straight aft (horizontally), then straight up (2ft-ish) right in front of the exhaust. Kind of like a semi-short fording kit. What do you guys think? I have 2.