• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for an M35 fuel tank & the locker is finally installed

miltruckman

Hi,

I am still working on my bobbed deuce. The rear locker is in and I am working on the brakes. Good thing I pulled the axle apart as one of the outer bearings had failed. It wouldn't have driven much farther!

Turns out the fuel tank has a hole rusted in the bottom.

Anyone have a NOS or really good used fuel tank for an M35A2?

Thanks,

Bill
Michigan

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got one here in ohio for 75 bucks. No pump or sending unit, nice shape, can set it with citzensoldier(lane)'s stuff, it's heading north sometime.

Dennis

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one here too. Was going to try to trade it to you for a favor relating to my M59 in Linwood MI but sounds like Stretch is giving you a better deal. LOL

miltruckman

What kind of favor? Do you need help with something? I would be happy to help out.

If you need me to check on something, I am only about 35 min from linwood.
I'll be around till Friday then we are headed to Sarasota for a week.

Bill

O, and what kind of shape is your spare tank in? Stretch is going to look his over. I am looking for a really good one. I don't want to have to repair the replacement too.

miltruckman

I'll have to take some more photos. The project is still a long way from being finished.

I purchased two lockers from Reider Racing several years ago. I planned to put them in the rear of my M342 deuce dump truck.

I never got them installed so I decided to put one in the rear of my bobb deuce project truck.

http://www.reiderracing.com/http://www.reiderracing.com/

When I bought them they were around $500. each. Now they are closer to $650 each.

Bill
Michigan

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, I need to go out and drain that dang tank so I can see inside it. Pulled it from a running but crashed truck. the pump does not work. I'll report back. Here's my story! I bought another M59 dump (has the parts needed for the one I already have) in Linwood MI. I was going to just have a few parts pulled and get rid of the truck there but since the other has arrived I'm needing much more stuff. Now I'm just going to get this one shipped. Seller gave me 30 days to move it but Alredneck may not be able to do it in that time frame. I'm hoping to find someone to move and store it for me until he can get up there. Member ZAK has looked at it and says the tires are decent. It's a gasser and was running when parked 3 yrs ago. Truck hasn't any brakes. I would pay ZAK to move it but it would be 60 miles north and he doesn't have a towbar. Thats my sob story for now. If you could fetch it, I can pay you!

TedG

Recovry4x4,

ZAK or Bill can use my medium tow to move it if need be (I am done with it for another month!). I am about 1.5 hours from Bill. pm me if intersted in borrowing it.

miltruckman

I can't move it, but can probably find storage for it if you can find a way to move it to Montrose, MI. 48457

If you find a way to move it and need storage let me know, and I'll ask my friends who have room.

I would offer on my place but I live in town on a 75 ft wide lot. (next to a village council lady who watches me close!)

Bill

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pics of the tank, in and out. Had a thin layer of crud in it, I just hosed some of it out to see. One flange has a slight bend to it, looks easy to fix. Out side of the tank is 99 percent rust free. Saw two small spots with light rust color.

On the inside, most of the rust just wiped off, only in one spot could you feel slight pitting.

Overall, I'd say it's in darn good shape, I'd use it on any of my trucks, but they have good tanks. Hopefully I won't dent a tank at Haspin!

Here's some pics.

Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, the inside of Dennis tank looks much better than mine. Mine has no flakes but feel very coarse on the floor of it.

miltruckman

Dennis,

Thanks so much for all your efforts. But I have struggled much in the past from fuel system problems, even changing out an engine with a chronic problem. So I want my tank to be (super clean) If I can't find a "really good" used or NOS tank, I may build my own tank out of aluminum or stainless steel. I am also considering the "gas tank renu" process. But that is quite expensive and costs ~$400.00

Thanks again, but I think I'll pass on it.

Bill

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2cents
I have used a gas tank sealer on several occasion for pin holes and to cover existing inner rust. I used it on my portable welding tank and several motorcycle tanks. Using small pellets first to clean the scale in the tank then pouring in the sealer. Inexpensive and easy to use. The sealer in my portable welder has held for 20 years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks