• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for deuce owners, 0125-xxxxx vin, NK0XXX reg numbers

AMGeneral

Folks,I know this thread is old,but it brought to light that I have one of these trucks,my own "Oddball". Vin 0125-27xxx and reg # NKOCAN,it is a 1967 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2C with winch.

Attachments

TedG

Old post, but new truck to me!

M185A3 w/w, extensive depot rebuild in 1988, has blue warranty plate. NKOEL8 1051-xxxxx

NSN 4940-00-077-1639.

Regards,

AMGeneral

E22

The deuce sits as it was surplussed out,It had the dropside bed and winch when it came from Ft Jackson(i'm guessing in the early 90s,last CARC paint was in 92). As for it being a factory built M35A2C w/winch,probably not.
According to David's article on Deuces in MVM, mine was built as a non winch cargo truck,then again I believe the earliest dropsides were built on 0125 chassis.

The markings on my truck when I got it were as followsWVMS,TDC FJ,which I'm told is Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School,Tactical Doctrine Command,Fort Jackson. My M816 wrecker and the M553 GOER I had also had these markings, So evidently all 3 were possibly training aids for GIs learning to wrench on trucks.