• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Deuce owners near Lafayette Louisiana

psgoben

Thinking about jumping into the world of Deuces. I've been reading just about non-stop and trying to learn about these things, but it would sure be nice to have someone that could take me around and show me what's what on the Deuce.

Thanks

Phil

1stSarge

Welcome Phil, you have plenty of company in your neck of the woods, someone will post up.

All of the manuals are in the “resources” section, and get really comfortable with the “search” function, 90% of the questions you might have will be here.

psgoben

Thanks,
1st Sarge, I've been biting my tongue, so many questions, but I have spent many hours reading and searching, so far I have found the answers to all.

JC Clark,

I may take you up on that, however I'll wait until I get back home, I'm offshore right now and it takes quite awhile to download large files, I did find some of the manuals on this site, but it just takes too long and eats up too much of our bandwidth to download a manual only to find out it wasn't what I was looking for.

Thanks again

Phil

progun

Give me a call when you get in from offshore. I am in Duson and have a 66 Deuce! Come hang out. I'll PM you my number. Paul

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[thumbzup]got to love that kettle comment.. i am over east of baton rouge but there are some local members that can help you out for sure.. and dont forget that we have a spring time louisiana SS rally . hope to see you there :jumpin:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hmmmmmm, reminds me of the pot calling the kettle black......
I resemble that remark.

[thumbzup]got to love that kettle comment.. i am over east of baton rouge but there are some local members that can help you out for sure.. and dont forget that we have a spring time louisiana SS rally . hope to see you there :jumpin:
Be careful at Tims rally......him and MS Pam will shower you with hospitality and make you eat good food.:jumpin:

Stan Leschert

Ask all that you want. Just please read the TM's and search your question first.

Then again, You just might ask something that the rest of us should know, but have forgotten.

The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask.

I hope that you find a mentor nearby, who can guide you in your green travels.

progun

I may not be a mentor but I bet between the two of us we can figure some stuff out. There's a guy in Broussard with a truck too. Maybe others will chime in.

1stSarge

The main manuals are the TM9-2320-209-XX
The - 10 is the basic OPERATOR LEVEL “owners manual”.
The -20 is the ORGANIZATIONAL LEVEL manual..
The - 34 is the DIRECT SUPPORT AND GENERAL SUPPORT LEVEL manual
The -20P is the parts manual.

They are broken up in multiple parts so, for example, to get the whole dash -10 you would need TM9-2320-209-10-1 and TM9-2320-209-10-2.

Start with the - 10, it will answer many questions. The others move upward in complexity. If you want to know how to operate the winch, read the -10 if you want to rebuild the winch, read the -34.

Hope this helps.

Understand the bandwidth problem, I’m still in that 3.6% of the population that does not have access the high speed.

psgoben

Thanks again 1st Sarge, that does help. I'll download them all when I get back on dry land.

Progun, you must be fairly close to me, Duson, Rayne & Ridge..basically all meet in my front yard. I'm off of Golden Grain & S. Ritchfield. I'm hoping to get in touch w/you when I get back in (9 days left on this hitch)

I am really getting the fever, and want to buy a Deuce now...but I told myself that I was going to take my time shopping and not make any hasty decisions. The problem is that I'm already finding several that I'm interested in...really interested in.

Thanks again all

I am near Ville Platte, but I need to be on the receiving end of some of this good information from the more experienced members here. Just got my Deuce, and it appears I may have a significant winch issue.

LC

goldneagle

Ding...Chiming in from S. Louisiana. Slidell to be more precise. Past Deuce owner, current M820A2 owner, soon to be M109 owner (as soon as EUC clears). Always willing to give my 2 cents worth. Look forward to meeting you at the next LA Rally at Tim's. Good luck with your acquisition.