• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for dump truck

akexc

I'm new to this forum, so let me know if I'm in the wrong area.

I'm looking for a dump truck. From what research I've done, looks like that's an M51? Do I have other options?

Not sure of the best places to look for one, nor what kind of money I have to spend. Obviously depends upon condition, but I don't really know what the range is.

I've done some searching of this forum, but still feel woefully ignorant.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I'm in the Kansas City area.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M51 is a gasoline powered truck. The M51A1 and M51A2 are the same truck but the -A1 as a Mack ENDT673 and the -A2 has the LDS multifuel. You can also opt for the M817 which has some upgrades and the Cummins NHC250. If you want one with a juice tranny then go for the M929. The pricing goes up in the same order I've listed the trucks. Have fun shopping.

poppop

You just have to watch the sales. I bought an M51a2 locally for $2500.00. A friend of mine bought 3 on GL. One nice 817 for around $3200.00 and two more for less than $2000.00 each He used the nice one to tow another 600 miles home and has since moved 750 loads of dirt out of his pond with no mechanical problems. The other two did not take much to get them running either.

akexc

You just have to watch the sales. I bought an M51a2 locally for $2500.00. A friend of mine bought 3 on GL. One nice 817 for around $3200.00 and two more for less than $2000.00 each He used the nice one to tow another 600 miles home and has since moved 750 loads of dirt out of his pond with no mechanical problems. The other two did not take much to get them running either.
Thanks for the prices. That at least gives me some idea.

Can you tell me what "GL" is? Don't know that one yet.

When you say watch the sales, do you mean the classifieds here, or are there other sites that I can go to?

THanks.

mightyhammer

I got $700.00 into my M51A2. But that was a stroke of extrme luck. Right time and place. I think if you are patient and get around some, one will turn up for the right price. Course it took over ten years for me to have this one fall in my lap...LOL

poppop

Bulldog, as i said watch the sales. It takes some time but if you watch them all them you are there when no one else is looking.

Akexc, Gl is government liquidation. They have the contract to sell all of Uncle's surplus. If you have been reading recent posts you will see that they pulled all trucks from surplus sales a couple days ago. Hopefully they will be back soon. GSA is also a place to watch. Thet have sold several dumps in the last couple months. Their trucks tend to be a little rougher as they have been used by State Agencies and are sold when they need fixing. But they don't seem to be able to fix much, so when it quits they park it and go get another one. My M813 is a good example. It would not start so no one picked it up. When it sold it sold cheap because it would not start. When i went to pick it up they told me it would not start, many people have tried. I had it running in 5 minutes and it has not let me down since.

akexc

Thanks Popup. I had figured some of this out by reading other threads. I did notice that trucks had been pulled from GL. Just when I'm getting interested.

We'll hope for the best.