• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for EGT on NHC/NTC

red

On the actual tours the egt is OK with one grade climbing to 1100 but the majority between 800 and 1000. Water temp never seem to rise much and sometimes on the morning runs the fan never kicks on. Makes me wonder if a lower thermostat could force egt down. Haven't thought about that before. What kills us is the 7 miles up to where the tours start. Given how hot egt is on that especially now that I watch like a hawk it is crazy how hot it must have been before. I bet 1400 at times. I am sure that cooked the liners and rings. Btw, looks like just pulling the cap off the intake dropped egt while climbing by 50 degrees. I will know for sure after a few days of comparison. Pulling the stack loose at the air box seems the same as just no cap. I wonder if one of those huge combine prefilters would flow better and extend main finger life. Would look kinda stupid up there.

Ken

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Rather than a pre cleaner you can run the air ram, Donaldson makes them for out size intake. Others on the forum did testing comparing it to the stock mushroom cap and it makes an improvement. Old pic of it mounted on my m816. It's also more visually appealing than a prefilter haha.

IMG_20160728_190422826.jpg

I'd do the intake/exhaust upgrades and a turbo before considering a engine swap. For the size vehicle the 855 series engines are just about ideal for your application. I'm positive that if you leave the fuel where it is and install a turbo the engine will live a long and happy life with that job. The intake/exhaust mods might be enough and are pretty cheap to do.

my blood flows OD

Rather than a pre cleaner you can run the air ram, Donaldson makes them for out size intake. Others on the forum did testing comparing it to the stock mushroom cap and it makes an improvement. Old pic of it mounted on my m816. It's also more visually appealing than a prefilter haha.

View attachment 685922

I'd do the intake/exhaust upgrades and a turbo before considering a engine swap. For the size vehicle the 855 series engines are just about ideal for your application. I'm positive that if you leave the fuel where it is and install a turbo the engine will live a long and happy life with that job. The intake/exhaust mods might be enough and are pretty cheap to do.
That looks like it will flow air much better. Any issues with rain water getting in?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks