• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for engine information

pthorne

Hello,

I'm brand new to the list and to Jeeps! I posted this to the G503 page and I'm hoping to increase the chance for finding some information by posting here as well. I picked up a 1945 Willy's MB the other day and I'm in the process of trying to ID everything. I found the MB tag on the front drivers side horn (MB455063), the body stamp by the steering column I can't make out so I don't know if it matches or not. The engine is definitely not an MB and the serial number I can make out isn't matching anything I can find. The numbers on the water pump boss are as far as I can tell 0157 in small numbers followed by larger numbers 544937. The Casting number is 641087-L-W-12-A-N1-GR-N2. The head is 640161 W8. There is a tag right above the distributor that has a serial # 67897. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!

Engine serial number.jpg
Engine tag.jpg
Head Casting info.jpg
Head serial number.jpg

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Hmmm, I would reply and try to assist you here,..IF I could only READ your post. Change of script colour would be of an assistance.

Jamesan

Yep, 1945 probably July according to my book.
The number stamped on the triangular gusset will not match the frame number anyway.
I guess you have no number on the glove box..
The block is post WW2, but will work just fine for you unless you want a correct one.
I would rather see some photos of the rest of the jeep...

Jamesan

Oh wow. That thing is drivable right now. Some obvious bigger tires and at least front light changes.
Give it the once over and enjoy it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks