• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for feedback on parting my m51a2

jasonn

so i'm thinking about parting out my m51 a2 dump truck haven't had any luck selling it i was wondering what kind of demand there is for these parts ?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Parts are always worth more than a entire truck. Im sure there are collectors with M51's that will need them. As you know the M51 trucks just dont go for alot of money , even the M817's havent been bringing alot. Id love to have your truck but me = not enough money. Id say put an ad up for the major parts in the classifieds or ebay and you might do ok.
The older/wiser guys with M51's or 50 series 5 tons might chime in and want stuff or can toss you in the right direction . Jay

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you asking for the complete truck? What kind of shape is it in? I'd think you wouldn't have any problem selling it if you didn't want too much for it. Have you listed it in the classifieds here? If you were a little closer to me I'd be interested if it was in running order.

The more I think about it, I may be interested anyway. Shoot me a PM with details.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you lived a little closer to me I'd buy it. I can't believe you haven't found a buyer yet. Looks like way too nice of a truck to part out. People will pay more than that for a deuce and you have to unload it with a shovel.

Mat_Burn

It is weird but dump trucks are not popular with collectors. Collectors want the deuces, dump truck folks want a civilian dump truck. weird to be in the middle ground. I had a **** of a time selling my 1940 international dump truck.

suggestion: put a different bed on there. it'll sell quicker.

parting it out will leave you with a big load of scrap iron mixed with non-scrap materials, a bunch of toxic fluids, and several days worth of wrangling.

powerhouseduece

It is weird but dump trucks are not popular with collectors. Collectors want the deuces, dump truck folks want a civilian dump truck. weird to be in the middle ground. I had a **** of a time selling my 1940 international dump truck.

suggestion: put a different bed on there. it'll sell quicker.

parting it out will leave you with a big load of scrap iron mixed with non-scrap materials, a bunch of toxic fluids, and several days worth of wrangling.
actually, there are a few collectors that love dump trucks. Sad thing is they only want the cherry trucks, but there are still a lot.of people out there that would want a dump truck.(look at all the dump conversions on deuce) I wanted the truck a while ago but could afford it because this hobby will drive you broke! Jason is selling a nice truck, its not in bad shape, I have seen a lot worse trucks come of GL.

If you plan on keeping your bobbed deuce, I would suggest parting the dump out and putting that lds in your deuce.

kastein

If you do part it out... let me know what you want for that winch and all the fixins.

Man I hate ads like this :cookoo: wallet already screaming at me.

If you don't, and still have it in a year or so, my dad might be interested in picking it up. He bought a bunch of land in ME and is building a house + commercial buildings on it and I'm sure he'll need a dump truck for something, or find a reason to. He got real interested the minute I mentioned I'd bought a 5 ton cargo truck and asked if it was a dump bed or not.

midcounty

If I could sell some antique metal working equipment I have on craigslist right now, I would be talking to you about buying the whole truck. I am also a gunshop owner, so... ;) just food for thought.

jwright

Man thats a nice truck!! Don't part it out its to nice of a truck. I already have a m51a2 that I'm fixing up and love it.

jasonn

Sorry, everyone I,m a bit new to the threads. I didn't realize everyone left this much feed back
I will be starting the part down next week so I still have the whole truck. My friend placed some claims to the winch and drive componets. I think I'm gonna keep the hydro steering and the turbo. But most everything else is up for offers. Call me or email me 410-227-6413 shadow181@verizon.net

jasonn

Sorry, everyone I,m a bit new to the threads. I didn't realize everyone left this much feed back
I will be starting the part down next week so I still have the whole truck. My friend placed some claims to the winch and drive componets. I think I'm gonna keep the hydro steering and the turbo. But most everything else is up for offers. Call me or email me 410-227-6413 shadow181@verizon.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks