• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for fender rubbers

creekrider

Guys need some help. I did a search with no luck so here goes. I am in the process of restoring my 1970 M35A2 and I have the fenders off so I can paint the frame and fenders. Well there is a rubber piece that is about 3" wide between the radiator and the fender and mine our tore and dry rotted. Mine are riveted on. I would like to replace them but have had no luck sourcing them. Have any of you made any and if so what did you use?

Thanks
Creekrider

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's how to find them. ( I just did it and found several retailers and an ebay auction with them).

I looked at the -24P TM. Look for the picture with the part needed. Found them in the body section, under fender parts and associated items. Looked at the part number and NSN. Googled the numbers.

Easy peasy, japanesey...

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I understand your description correctly than I think this is the piece you are looking for.
http://www.easternsurplus.net/images/duece_spares/Radiatorshroud.JPG

It goes between the headlight panel and the radiator. Eastern list them for $45 a piece.
I believe this is what he's looking for;

NSN 2930-00-752-1981 part# 7521981 shield, radiator, L.H.
NSN 2930-00-752-1983 part# 7521983 shield, radiator, R.H.

The part shown in the pic is not the correct part, that looks like it would go around a radiator shroud for the fan. The pieces listed above are shaped like a piece of angle iron. They're not really "riveted" on, but they are held on by rivets and can be removed and put back on with a small flat screwdriver. You just have to stretch the rubber around the rivet post to get them off and on. I've cleaned up one of mine, it looks like it's split a little from the gap where the support for the grill goes through. I'm going to try to glue it from the back to support it with a piece of inner tube.
Google the NSN, there's some on Ebay.

Last edited:

runk

I just bought a set from one of the e-bay sellers, expensive, but they seem to be the correct parts. None of the usual suppliers had them as of a month or so ago. I looked around a lot for someone who had even just the plain rubber angles, and I finally found one extruder who had the right die, but the minimum order was ~ $5000 !!

creekrider

I believe this is what he's looking for;

NSN 2930-00-752-1981 part# 7521981 shield, radiator, L.H.
NSN 2930-00-752-1983 part# 7521983 shield, radiator, R.H.

The part shown in the pic is not the correct part, that looks like it would go around a radiator shroud for the fan. The pieces listed above are shaped like a piece of angle iron. They're not really "riveted" on, but they are held on by rivets and can be removed and put back on with a small flat screwdriver. You just have to stretch the rubber around the rivet post to get them off and on. I've cleaned up one of mine, it looks like it's split a little from the gap where the support for the grill goes through. I'm going to try to glue it from the back to support it with a piece of inner tube.
Google the NSN, there's some on Ebay.
This is it thank you

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, that's what I found, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks