• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for fuel tank strainer??

Steamynachos

Any one know where to get the filter or strainer that fits into the bracket inside of the fuel tank? are they a paper filter or just a metal strainer I have never seen one before. :D

Jones

Stamped sheetmetal tube with a screen in the end.
Screen-end first, they slide about an inch in then turn so the tabs clear then will drop in flush with the top of the tank. If filling with jeep cans, the strainer can be pulled up and becomes a filler neck to cut down on spillage.
Everything with the large fuel tank cap uses them; from M37s to the 10 tons, so you're not stuck having to find one for a '76 M813A1 'cause nothing else will work.

Steamynachos

I see saturn surplus has them but they are not set up to ship to Canada. Is there a Napa style that will work or know of some one else that might carry them?or some one have a spare they would sell me :D