• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Generator parts

sewer rat

I recently aquired 4 gensets from surplus for my town as backup generators. The fuel systems on the first one are dirty and even though I tried to clean the system out I ended up clogging a filter anyway. It would appear that filters may not be too easy to find. I'm not 100% on the MEP numbers yet but I believe I have 2 005 and 1 009 not sure of the other one.. They are 2 30kw's 1 60kw and 1 200 kw. Two of the gens have less than 300 hours and the one I am working on has less than 150 hours. It ran fantastic until it clogged the filter. The filter is a torite 8580-1 and so far NAPA has not been any help. Is there a cross reference or a site from which to work from as I suspect I will need other parts consumable parts as well. Thanks

Crash_AF

The two 30KWs are MEP-005s, the 60 is a MEP-006. The MEP numbers are on the dataplates that are mounted on the front of the genset, usually on the left side as you look at the radiator. Has the serial number and the MEP designation.

Who makes the engine in the unit that you're working on and which KW rating?

Later,
Joe

Last edited by a moderator: