• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for help in Fontana, CA

rocket990

I'm a newbie. I won a M923 A2. It's my firstMV. I'm looking forward to having one. I have been reading as muchas I can about them and printing the TM's. I have an appointment to pick upmy truck on Monday March 17 at 10:00 am, Fontana, CA. I am planning to drive ithome. I'm bringing tools, fluids, parts,filters and other things I think I may need. Does anybody know where I may be able to get to know her better? I would love to meet any members in thearea. I’m coming from Cheyenne, Wyoming. I would like to thank the members for all ofthe information I have been to learn about this truck.
Thank Rocky

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the truck!!
Just do your checks on the truck before you head out fro home.
Fluids all around, tires, brakes, lights, etc.

RodUSMC1962

How many miles to home, do you have someone in another vehicle to follow you home, can other person help drive truck if you become to tired? Good luck on your adventure! :beer:

RustyM923

If you're not coming down here before hand, it would be wise to get someone who knows the trucks to meet you when you pick it up. A chase vehicle would be very nice to have, as well.

Perhaps someone in your area has an M939 series that you can get familiar with before you make the trip.

Read the operators manual (in the Tech Manual section) at a bare minimum.

Note: If you have a flat front tire when you pick it up, I'd move that to be back for the trip...no matter what the time lost is.

55 and stay alive. Have fun!

rocket990

I have a chase vehicle. I have been reading the Tech Manuals, that has been great. I was planning to be down early, but I don't know of anybody that has a M939 or that knows the truck, to help. Do you know of someone that would be willing. I don't plan to drive over 55. I was looking for a place that I can work on checking the truck over and doing some fluid changes. I didn't think I could do them there. I'm looking forward to it. It will be fun. Thanks for the support and help.
If you're not coming down here before hand, it would be wise to get someone who knows the trucks to meet you when you pick it up. A chase vehicle would be very nice to have, as well.

Perhaps someone in your area has an M939 series that you can get familiar with before you make the trip.

Read the operators manual (in the Tech Manual section) at a bare minimum.

Note: If you have a flat front tire when you pick it up, I'd move that to be back for the trip...no matter what the time lost is.

55 and stay alive. Have fun!

Hawssie

So what happened. Are you home. I hope by now... Just curious. I have never driven one that far but between the two I have driven 360 miles each making 720+- miles and the one more have to drive this week, it should get me close. For some reason this next one is making me nervous. Maybe it has something to do with the three little words in the description the other two I bought didnt have "DOES NOT RUN".
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO DRIVE WE SALUTE YOU!

rocket990

So what happened. Are you home. I hope by now... Just curious. I have never driven one that far but between the two I have driven 360 miles each making 720+- miles and the one more have to drive this week, it should get me close. For some reason this next one is making me nervous. Maybe it has something to do with the three little words in the description the other two I bought didnt have "DOES NOT RUN".
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO DRIVE WE SALUTE YOU!
I'm home. Took 2 days. Only problem was with tire inflation system, was lower the tires down. I just unplugged it. It was great fun. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks