• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Info on a Silencer for MEP03A (OK it's a muffler)....

USAMilRet

Looking for Info on a Silencer for MEP803A (OK it's a muffler)....

New thread new topic.

I recently noticed that my silencer (muffler) has some stuff in it and it was making some jiggly noise when rocked back and forth, like some small rust particles or tiny rocks sliding around is what it sounded like. Well, upon examination into the out port, I saw a piece of the muffler there. It appears to be the bottom 1 inch of the muffler exhaust port that has rusted off and fallen into the muffler. So there is that piece and all the rust and other garbage that I vacuumed out of it. Could not get the piece out nor could I bend it to remove it that way either. This particular piece is not critical to the operation, but the muffler is beginning to break down and I should start my search for a new or lightly used muffler replacement. So what is the consensus on a new muffler for the MEP803A, is this something locally available (ha ha ha ha ha I kill myself some times) or only from the auction house or in the classifieds?

Any after market solutions on this?

Fixed Title.......

Last edited:

USAMilRet

No that is not what I am looking for. Looking for the 803a version. GMG does not have it. I don't think I would buy anything from them. So very very overpriced.

I saw the last 803a muffler sold from the auction house for $201. Surely there is an aftermarket solution which does not have a NSN or Onan part number.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I suppose you could cut the flanges off, and somehow source a muffler of vaguely the same size, and weld it all back up with an upturn at the end, that mates to black iron. Seems like an awful lot of work though. If the mufflers were the same between the 802/803 I'd have a solution for you, but thats one of the few that are different between the sets.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its laid out much like the main forum. There is a section for Aux Equipment. There is a button at the top of the page to take you directly to the classified section.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No that is not what I am looking for. Looking for the 803a version. GMG does not have it. I don't think I would buy anything from them. So very very overpriced.

I saw the last 803a muffler sold from the auction house for $201. Surely there is an aftermarket solution which does not have a NSN or Onan part number.
Well you left the "8" out of your title .

USAMilRet

I bought one of the ones listed on the auction house for my MEP803A. It was listed as compatible with both the 802A and 803A. When I got it, it looks almost identical to the original except (there is always an except)...it is shorter the the original by about 5 inches or so. Is this normal replacement.

20180906_205540.jpg20180906_205549.jpg20180906_205555.jpg

jamawieb

I bought one of the ones listed on the auction house for my MEP803A. It was listed as compatible with both the 802A and 803A. When I got it, it looks almost identical to the original except (there is always an except)...it is shorter the the original by about 5 inches or so. Is this normal replacement.

View attachment 740785View attachment 740786View attachment 740787
Nope the shorter one is for the 802a. I've never tried to fit it to the 803a but it may work. You can tell the difference with the neck that connects to the manifold. The 802a has more of a curve and the 803a is straighter.

Guyfang

Staff member
Another lessen in truth in advertising. Get your money back. When in doubt, look at the parts manuals. Are the numbers the same? If not, then it ain't gonna fit. Do not take anything for granted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks