• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Introduction to Deuces near Charlotte, NC

WildSide

Hey Folks,

I am new to deuces but have wanted an M715 for many years. I saw a deuce parked along Hwy 17 north of Beaufort for sale the other weekend and the wheels started turning. Instead of buying an old pickup to play in the woods, haul stuff and pull boats like I had been planning, I might want to get an M35 and do it in style. Maybe bobbed.

Anyone within 100 miles or so of Charlotte/ Rock Hill willing to give me an introduction to the deuce one weekend? What to look for, what to expect and just an overview of their truck. If you'll give me a ride, I'll happily throw in some money for fuel. I might buy auction or private, depends on what I find.

I had my CDL about 10 years ago and have driven plenty of trucks with multi-speed rear ends and what not so big trucks aren't new to me. Thanks and I look forward to spending more time here. Lots to learn from this site.

Ryan

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ryan,
If you wanted to run down I-77 sometime to Ridgeway, I would be glad to let you play with my deuce. Might have to wait a week or so, Aberdeen is upon us...

Adam

Rebelpride

deuces around charlotte

I live north of Charlotte in Concord. I am by no means an authority but I know the basics. Bring some earplugs and we'll fire it up.

AMGeneral

Ryan,I live in Morganton just 1 hour away from Charlotte,but like Adam said Aberdeen is next week.I will be in Rock Hill this weekend,I could possibly meet you at the Deuce in question and give you a few pointers.

Brandon

WildSide

Thanks for the responses

Thanks Adam, Kenneth, Brandon and Rebelpride.

I will definitely take a few of you up on your offers. I have plenty of time to get it right so no rush, but I do want to get to know these trucks well before I start shopping for one.

I wish I could go to Aberdeen, that’s my birthday and Mother’s Day weekend so I need to go see my folks in Western NC.

Rebelpride, you are closest so I will try to work something out with you one day in the next week or so. Maybe in the evening or a weekend, whatever suits your schedule.
Thanks again for all the offers.

As for the CDL, I managed a sheetrock delivery fleet for Carolina Builders many years ago and got to drive some great crane trucks and flatbeds with trailers. It has long expired, but you never know.

Ryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks