• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for KY owners M35A2

Sumoman

I have no idea if my truck will be licensed by then, seems I am STILL waiting for them to post a submission to Battle Creek, I know its all good, just makes me wanna:cry:

However I can still drive up in my POV. I DOUBT anyone would pull me over in the deuce but you never know.

Hooters and Knob Creek sound good. Lets all plan on that and we can pick which day. My schedule changes all the time so I will have to know in advance so i can take the day off. We can use the knob creek parking as an informal minor wrench area. I would like to get to know my truck a little better by looking over everyone elses:-D

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Jakob

I'm thinking the 4th is best, that's the Saturday of the MG shoot. Most people should have that day off anyway. Also, if anyone from too far out of town needs a place to crash, I have a couple extra beds. I don't know if my duece will be licensed either. It's insured though and I'd risk it down to Knob Creek, I'm not that far away.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'll be down in Louisville this spring for THUNDER. Let me know who will be there. I stay at the Gault house. Sorry, no extra arm bands, but we do get out to walk the river, and theres always the bars after.

Sumoman

I'll be down in Louisville this spring for THUNDER. Let me know who will be there. I stay at the Gault house. Sorry, no extra arm bands, but we do get out to walk the river, and theres always the bars after.
My Wifes folks live in Louisville, I will have to make it thunder this year is possible. My job tends to totally screw up any holiday time. Just keep this post alive, perhaps we can get a email list together, which would make it a bit easier to plan. If interested just PM me with your email, I will compile and send back out to everyone. We can go from there.

The 4th sounds good. Even if I work I can still come out for a few hours, I work thirds so I could sleep a few, come out, and make it back to catch a nap. I would prefer to take it off so we just need to have everyone confirm this would work best. I would assume I had my truck by then:roll:

Numbers

If someone here decides to come to Louisville that PM me the week before and I can get parking (cars, no trucks over a parking space long) within walking distance of 4th Street Live. The Security there is the son of a retired Navy Veteran (P-3 aviation) and his father was the head of security until his second retirment.

Sumoman

I will have to contact you about Thunder. I might have to work but my wife and kids would be going.

As for this coming Sat Juckyard.. I wish I could, though I JUST changed shift days this week from THU FRI SAT off to SUN MON TUE.. so in addition to working 7 straight days I no longer have weekends off. I wll make it up soon though, I would like to come after I recover the Deuce and have someone help me get to know her.

AJMBLAZER

Did someone say Knob Creek? I'll hopefully be in the Lexington area to see my buddy from the Marines. We want to hit Knob Creek for sure. No MV though. Bit of a drive to have to make both ways.

With any luck my house sells and I'll be living in the area soon(ish).

Sumoman

Hey I was wondering if anyone might, and I am going out on a limb here, just want to go on my recovery.. thats if the EUC ever clears Battle Creek (is 2.5 weeks normal?)?

I work on 3rds and I imagine there is only one day a week you recover on here in KY. It will be in Frankfort at the National Guard depot. I have heard the vehicles run, though you never know. Rather then go it alone with a friend of mine whoo has about as much a clue as I do. I thought I would offer a good breakfast or lunch and maybe some gas money to anyone willing to drive up, over, or down to assist.

Since I work thirds I can work around any schedule as long as it meets GL scheduling. Let me know.

Numbers

Did someone say Knob Creek? I'll hopefully be in the Lexington area to see my buddy from the Marines. We want to hit Knob Creek for sure. No MV though. Bit of a drive to have to make both ways.

With any luck my house sells and I'll be living in the area soon(ish).
No problem. If I can let my little brother along (also a Marine) I suppose he will be alright too :) Glad to have more around. Will you be in town over the weekend or just one day?

Congratulations Sumoman on clearing to BC. Now all you have to do is get notified, pick up vehicle, and then fill out your SF-97 online at GL (only after picking up vehicle), have said SF-97 clear GL in Arizona and then clear in Florida. Yes, Florida. I talked to one of the GL people down there in AZ today and she stated that KY does not accept AZ titles so it has to be sent to Florida after they handle it. 30 days for AZ and tack on another 14 days for Florida (Minimum times). If we are lucky maybe sooner than that but who knows for sure after reading all the horror stories here. If there is an error in your paper work they (according to her) will send you an email.

Someone on here may know a cheaper way (than $60) of getting a title for a MV in the state if KY.

Sumoman

Sat should be fine and I believe what everyone is planning. I believe I work the night before but i would not miss it. Should be the first "rally" for my Deuce. I can go on less sleep that night. We should shoot for 11ish in the parking lot.

As for $60.00, I am fine with it, as long as I get it.

Sumoman

Crazy

Sumoman: I'll ride out to do the pick up, just let me know where/when and give me some notice if you can.
Thanks I have no idea which day.. Anyone have a clue as to the pickup days in Frankfort?

But I will try to give notice. One other friend is coming, and no a single one has ever owned a Deuce so we have no clue. If needed I have a truck lined up for a tow, but still be fun to get her started. If it starts right up we can just drive to lunch:-D

Sumoman

If the picture came this is a BAD running deuce, stated as having a "bad non-turbo motor",as is 4500 dollars. Of course they will rework everything for you all told 12500 dollars.

I am missing something here?

I feel like I should buy 10 more and BOB them all and sell them.

Attachments