• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M35 front rack & canvas top for M342

miltruckman

I'm looking for all the metal peices for an M35 front cargo bed rack. I have the wood, so all I need is the end peices, and metal stake pocket brackets for for the side stake storage on the front rack. (all the metal but I don't need the wood)

I am building up a set of racks for my M342A2 dump truck.

I also met someone a couple of years ago at the Findlay, Ohio show that had the canvas top for the M342 (2 1/2 ton) dump truck. I can't remember who he was, but recall that he was far south of there.

any ideas anyone.

Thanks,

Bill P.
work:810-639-7889
wprestin@charterinternet.com

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, I truly hope you can find that stuff. The 5 ton dump stuff is tough to find. I have to believe the 2-1/2 ton dump stuff is next to impossible. Nice looking truck in your avatar, though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The is a slant nose dump near me that the guy uses as a parts truck. Would the bed be the same? I can stop in and ask if anything would be for sale.

miltruckman

I can use the parts from a regular M35 cargo truck. All I have to do is take it apart and reconfigure it with new wood. Anyone have an extra M35 cargo truck front rack. Something You can just cut up to make shipping easier. One with the stake pockets would be nice.

Bill

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, if you are going through the trouble of making racks, might I suggest using fiberglass racks. The fiberglass wears much better than the wood. You'll never have to replace them again!

miltruckman

It.s a good idea but finding someone with a set of M35 fiberglass racks near me is practically impossible. And with shipping what it is now, paying for a load all the way up here would be expensive.

I already have all the wood to do the job. It's ash so should hold up reasonably well. In fact I finished the side racks already and they are on the truck. They look nice too.

Now for the front rack, then the top bows, then I'll have to find a canvas top or alter a larger one to fit.

I could use a set of fiberglass top bows too. I think they could probably be cut down for use on the M342. It is a little narrower than a cargo truck. I have the bow corners and figured I would make the side stakes from ash.

Bill
Michigan

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please post pics of your truck. I love the M342A2s, but there are so few around I doubt I'll find one for myself.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Looking for M35 front rack & canvas top for M342

gimpyrobb said:
The is a slant nose dump near me that the guy uses as a parts truck. ould the bed be the same? I can stop in and ask if anything would be for sale.
Oh? An M215? I'd put one of those beds on my deuce if I found one nearby/