• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Mechanic for MEP-006A generator

rose1111

Hello. I am having poblems with my generator. I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this on. I am looking for a highly experienced mechanic in my area or a local company that works on these type of generators that someone could recommend.

I am a located in Riverside County, California near Temecula area. The problem I am having with the generator is that it is not providing enough voltage. I can only get 166 volts coming to main contactor. It needs to read at 208 volts. We have done several things to try to fix it including replaced the excitation system assembly box, replaced alternator and replaced relay assembly box. and other things. Nothing is working and I need it up and running asap. If someone could recommend a machanic or a company that could fix it for me I woud greatly appreciate it.

rose1111

In your other thread, I asked where you are taking your VAC readings.
I am not sure. I gave our electrician who is trying to fix our generator a print out of your response of the last thread. I will have to ask him about thw VAC readings, but I know he still has not yet fixed the problem with our generator. We are trying to just have someone who is familiar with these generators come to our location and tell us what is wrong with it.

reset2

Guy
Not to high jack this thread but, you have a lot of experience with the MEPs. If I would ask you what was your favorite to work on / repair and of course which is your least favorite. Also most and least reliable. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Guy
Not to high jack this thread but, you have a lot of experience with the MEPs. If I would ask you what was your favorite to work on / repair and of course which is your least favorite. Also most and least reliable. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Favorite? MEP-005A and MEP-004A. Actually the MEP-113A and MEP-114A (400 hertz version). The MEP-006A and MEP-115A are so much the same, that they were all my favorites.

Most fun? The D424A Patriot Power Plant. Turbine powered. 150 KW. But it was a pig. At 1000 hours, you could set your watch. It was going to self destruct. $255,000 bucks for an motor. But I loved to hear that baby sing!!

Most reliable? The 52300, 45KW Generator. 400 hertz. Simple, Easy, Loud, and an engine that would NEVER die. All the extras on the set were a PITA. But that engine! Detroit Diesel. Pre MEP.

Least favorite? MEP-016B. They seemed to give me the most problems. Few parts on it were standard. Hard to get. I just never liked it.

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Favorite? MEP-005A and MEP-004A. Actually the MEP-113A and MEP-114A (400 hertz version). The MEP-006A and MEP-115A are so much the same, that they were all my favorites.

Most fun? The D424A Patriot Power Plant. Turbine powered. 150 KW. But it was a pig. At 1000 hours, you could set your watch. It was going to self destruct. $255,000 bucks for an motor. But I loved to hear that baby sing!!

Most reliable? The 52300, 45KW Generator. 400 hertz. Simple, Easy, Loud, and an engine that would NEVER die. All the extras on the set were a PITA. But that engine! Detroit Diesel. Pre MEP.

Least favorite? MEP-016B. They seemed to give me the most problems. Few parts on it were standard. Hard to get. I just never liked it.
Shiiite! I just bought a 016b. 😔

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks