• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for MV to double as "helo" for weekend

Gents, I was directed here by the nice folks at the local 4x4 shop. Our small Vietnam club (30 folks) is looking for someone with a fairly nimble truck/troop carrier to serve as a "helicopter" during the last weekend in April in Tunica, LA April 29 - 01 May 2011. Start time would be approx 1600hrs Friday evening - ending 1000hrs Sunday.

The road from the participant camp which connects to the gravel road has a tight right turn that is nearly impossible for larger trucks such as a duece and a half or similar. We had thought that something along the lines of a pinzgauer or similar would fit the bill, but really we're open to any sort of military vehicle it needn't be VN period since its standing in for a helo in any case :)

The vehicle operator would essentially be a "pilot" for the weekend deploying player groups along the road and picking them up. The vehicles are considered a no fire zone to ensure they are not damaged. I can assure you this is more rigorously observed than any other no fire zone in history.

The pilot would be provided a tent/cot billet, and all chow for the duration, plus fuel costs, I'm willing to discuss other compensation, but we're not exactly rolling in cash.

Please feel free to e-mail me with questions as I know I've not given a ton of info here. I will be happy to provide my phone number via e-mail for follow on discussions as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
expd@bellsouth.net

wehring

96 mi

You are 96 miles from Tims party. You may check with some of the folks attending to see if they can help.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

bulldawg

Sorry, I just bought mine and it isn't checked out for a road trip. Have a great time I support your group 100%.

Jim, University of Vietnam (13 months in 69 -70):beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks