• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for new soft top

63sierra10

Try beachwood canvas. Colemans has the tan color and I believe you may get one from sportsmans guide sometimes, it depends on his purchases.

glcaines

If you change your mind about the color, I have a new NOS tan one that I will part with cheap. Send a PM if interested. Another source for new tops is GMA.

dabtl

Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapt. 920 has some of the padded three color tops still.

And, your purchase is tax deductible.:wink:

saddamsnightmare

February 14th, 2010.

Bullfrog1234:

You'll love the canvas untill you have to Canvak them every three months or so to retain any water repellancy! How do I know? I have a Swiss S404.114 Cargo Unimog with a canvas top, and here in relatively dry (Except lately) North East Texas, it needs treated as above because the truck sits out and gets used daily. I have an M35A2 with the GMA top, which I used so I could take off the noisy and hot cold weather metal cab top, and it is 100% better, Coller in the summer, warmer in the winter, and it needs very little care and ran about $175.00 or so plus shipping. It's even better then the civillian fabric top on my wifes 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as to workmanship and comfort... Plus GMA offers a standard 3 year warranty at no extra cost, same deal as Uncle Sam gets.....:beer:
Good Luck and happy hunting,

Just my 2cents worth.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:driver:

emr

I have brandy new 3 color insulated for 175 plus shipping, other than that the direct route from GMA is the best, A note about beachwood, they are mad expensive... plus, and I will not say on a list but if anyone wants alot of info before buying from them , E mail me....

MO MV man

April 13th, 2010.

MO MV MAN:

GMA's web site!

Or ANY GL SALE.....

2cents Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:grin:
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the response.

Their site is a little peculiar to navigate.
I found flyers with their products but no specific color pics.
More than likely, being the newbie that I am, I wasn't looking in the right place.

Thanks.

saddamsnightmare

April 14th, 2010.

MO MV MAN:

WOW! I see your problem! :shock:The site has changed radically since I last dealt with GMA Cover Corp-US about two years ago! I would suggest hitting "Contact Us" on their site & filling the form out, and ask for current prices on "5 ton or 2-1/2 ton, two man vinyl cab cover", they come in green (equivanlent to Woodland paint-NOT OD); Tan (Equivalent to 686A Tan- Desert Tan paint), and SCMA or some such, three coler, usually reversible ( at least on the cargo tarpaulins). They also make cargo covers in the same colors for the M105A2 trailers....

That site used to be much easier to deal with for the novices, I'd ask them to send you the printed brouchure or catalog covering the tops you are looking for.... The Vietnam Veterans of America noted above would be another site to consider, give them what help we can.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:deadhorse:

MO MV man

I just got off the phone with GMA.

Wow! NICE lady on the other end!
Super helpful and she quoted me in no time flat.

Seems Camo is the only color kept "in stock".
Green and tan have a 30 day lead time.
Around $180 plus $39 shipping to me for either green or camo.

Heck of a deal in my book for a top notch military-grade top. [thumbzup]

Carl_in_NH

That deal sounds very reasonable to me.

Does anyone know where I can obtain all the metal pieces to go with the soft top? I've got two hardtop only trucks, so I'd need all those various softtop replated bits. I don't want to chase them from a number of sources - so I don't mind paying a few bucks extra to get them in one shot.

Thanks!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will push the GMA too. That's all I will buy and have bought. Can't match the for the money. I need three new ones now. Say group buy?

saddamsnightmare

April 15th, 2010.

Carl_in_NH:

I would suggest checking the usual suspects for the roof bow and frames for the cab cover system, likely you will end up with a take off. White Owl Parts, Kinston, NC; Eastern Surplus, Philadelphia, PA; Memphis Equipment Co., Memphis, TN or Boyce Equipment in Utah are the likely suspects. Tell them you want the compete support system (3 Bows, 2 stretchers or supports bars, and left and right headers for around the cab doors....
They should be able to help you. I got mine from Boyce, the only glitch is that I need to shorten and relocate the outer two bows, as the more modern 2-1/2 T and 5 ton trucks have them going straight front to back, not angled outwards front to back like mine, and the GMA tops are set up to velcro to the straight bows.......;)

Their cargo covers are pretty good too, mines been on since January 2008 and still sound, plus they give you a 3 year warranty on the tops and parts... I've had two bungee cords croak on the M35A2 cargo tarpaulin and they have replaced them at no charge!

I just hope they keep making the M35A2 tops and the M105A2 covers... NO complaints here as regards prices or service+ the cab covers are insulated, nice and warm in the winter, and cool in the summer (at least the tan ones are)![thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:D