• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for oddball troop seats

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have fiberglass (preferably) or wood troop seats that are 120" from the outside of one stake pocket to the outside of the end stake? These troop seats fit the M814/M55/M927. I have two NOS fiberglass troop seats and need SIX more to complete two M814s. Any help in finding these troop seats would be greatly appreciated.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I think that all of the upright posts are the same length. Honestly, I have never actually put my hands on the troop seats nor inspected any up-close. The two that I own are not at my house yet.

mangus580

See if you can determine that. I acquired a set from Kenny and D-man... that were supposed to have been deuce ones.... Until I got them. Somehow they lost 2' on the trip from FL to NY

rofl

MikeON

I was searching through old posts, trying to identify the extra troop seat that came with my deuce, and came upon this thread.

It is 120" from outside to outside of the stakes. The top horizontals stick beyond the stake about 1.5" at the far end in the picture.

All the stakes are the same length. It is fiberglass. I haven't found any numbers on it.

Can anyone help identify this? I only have one. It will probably be for sale here or on ebay.

Mike

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you looking for 5 ton side racks/troop seats? They are 2 feet shorter than M35A2 ones? Those seem to be plentiful when your looking for M35A2 ones....

emr

I cant find a pm ? for a direct contact, but at my shop i came up with a set of troop seats that are strangs to me, so i will measure and get back to U, but may not find this again, so if u can ,mydeuceandwillys@aol.com may get lucky,

Barrman

I got 4 of those from Sermis a few months ago. They have been cut down to fit a pair of M715's already. (The 1st and 4th stakes line up perfectly with the M715 end bed pockets.) He might have some more if you send him a pm.

dmmay

Troop Seats

Hi Guys !! I am also looking for a set of Troop seats that will fit an M813A1 .. I believe they are the same length as a standard Duece troop seat ?? I am in OKC and trying to find something close !! Thanks