• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Recommended Transporters for Tracked APC

MikeMikeMike

After a year of research I finally purchased a tracked APC (CVRT FV103 Spartan). Now I am looking for companies that will transport tanks across the US and have done so in the past.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Mike

Specs:
Pick up Las Vegas NV
Delivery Amherst NH
Battle Wt (10670 Kg) actual less fuel, appliqué armor, etc. 9 ton
Length 16' 9"
Width 8' 2"
Height 8' 8"
Clearance 10.4"
No weapons or smoke dischargers on board
Drives steers and stops under own power (drive on drive off)

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeMikeMike

Thanks USF and Everyone that responded via PM. I was blown away by how great people were.

Being in the car and truck restoration hobby I’m used to vendors and service providers being too busy to care much of the time when you aren’t quite sure what you need. And at worst, we’ll some of the worst people I’ve met have been in the classic car business.

so far the seller whom I’ve talked with for almost a year, his reference, the individual at battlefield vegas and all the transport people were not only nice but also in several instances helped me comprehend the logistics involved.

so to close this out, it became clear as I started talking directly to the operations manager at BV that they had an existing partnership with myFreightWorld and it would be BV loading the vehicle for me. I still could have gone with a different transport but it seemed like the individuals involved already had an established communication chain and it just ended up easier to go along with it. I signed the deal yesterday and they are due to deliver on March 2nd.

thanks again everyone
Mike

fasttruck

M113s are conveniently 101" wide and as maximum width is 102" no overwidth permits are required. They are also light enough that overweight permits are not also an issue. Used to haul them 2 at a time on a M915/M872 combination when we had M 872s. Or 2 at a time on a M270 works too especially if you have the command post variant which is higher.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks