• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for restoration help: Western Maryland, WV, Western PA

cptjshaffer

Newly retired, feeling out of place and miss military life. So, I purchased a 1984 M1009 in running condition. I know very little about vehicles but I'm looking forward to learning, spending time on it and occupying my idle mind. I'm looking for people in my local area to help me restore it (of course I would pay for their time), give me advice, etc. etc. etc. Anyone know, knowledgeable people within 150 mile radius of 21550 that specialize with CUCV restoration? Thanks, Joe

cptjshaffer

Thanks so much for the responses. I just got it back to Oakland tonight from Newark NJ. It ran 70mph constant, transfered gears easily, very satisfied. Rust eating away at rocker area and lower door frames. I see some bondo work on the rear quarter....body needs work, engine seems good but I'd definitely like to upgrade everything and really make this a sweet restoration. AMTAK, I'll be in contact for sure, we are not far from each other. I'll probably been in contact with 82ABMP also. Thanks for all the help..seems like a great group to belong to.