• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for RT-524

SDF Troop

I am looking for a working RT-524 to install in my M1009 CUCV. I have the mount and antenna. I got an e-mail from a guy named Doug Stutzman in Nevada (Pvt Jarhead's Surplus) who has a set for $399.00 plus $60.00 for shipping. He wants me to send a postal money order, which has set off an alarm bell. Has anyone ever bought from this guy and is he reputable? Does anyone have a RT-524 or know where I can get one? Many thanks.

wsucougarx

From my understanding, PVT Jarhead is a very reputable radio guy in here. Several guys have bought radios from him. I do not have any experience with him however. I just got my RT-524 last week off ebay:)

ida34

I have never heard a bad thing about him and I have heard a lot about him. Never personally bought anything from him but if you want a working radio I hear he is the guy to buy from. I do not think you will have any problem.

dabtl

We got a M151a1 yesterday with a RT524, functioning on transmit/receive, and two PRC77 Squad Radios with it.

I am getting another to put on the deuce for parade communications.

I wonder what kind of FCC license it takes to be legal? Anyone know?

Wile E. Coyote

Just adding my voice to the choir, but I've heard nothing but good things about Pvt Jarhead - his stuff looks great - and his prices are really good.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got a MA yesterday with a RT524, functioning on transmit/receive, and two PRC77 Squad Radios with it.

I am getting another to put on the deuce for parade communications.

I wonder what kind of FCC license it takes to be legal? Anyone know?

Most of the frequencies the 524 operates on are commercial and public safety, with the exception of the amateur 6 meter segment, 50-54Mhz. Even if you somehow got a low band commercial assignment, unlikely, the 524 is not narrow FM so not allowed. Most of us that use these have a ham ticket and use them on 51.6 as well as a few other 6 meter frequencies.

I have heard of some using the 49Mhz "family radio" segment but not recommended. Also illegal.

Crapgame

Probably asking for a USPS MO due to limited billing capabilities. USPS MO you can take to the PO, verify it, and cash it.

Some banks put holds on them and cannot verify authenticitity. If you are given a counterfeit MO, your bank may or may not hold the funds until clearing. So, if you bank credits the MO to your account, then 10 days later, it is declared counterfeit, you will have it charged back, causing problem with purchases in between.