• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for specifications axis M101 A3 3/4

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the numbers stamped for the bearing and race set.

Very common and not special.

I cant imagine what eastern would want for international shipping as they are already outrageous on domestic shipping. Make sure you get a quote upfront. Ymmv

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there are 2 major surplus dealers in Europe but Guy would be your guide in Europe. I would check ebay but do not know how to search Europe.

There is this listing on ebay here with a different part number. I suspect it is for the m101a1 and the length is the difference. Probably longer as it uses a taller tire and older axle. Cable being longer should not be an issue, you will just have more slack. You just can't use shorter obviously. If I were a betting man, that is the route I would take. I think the other cable is not out there to be found. Most places show out of stock.

When searching for the bearings and race, search the numbers separately. Some brands sell the bearing and race as separate items. Looks like there is 2 different sizes, probably inner and outer bearing / race. How are your seals? I would suggest changing those at the same time.
Look at post #8 on this thread for bearing information and a good source Etrailer or Croft among others

Guy might be able to help and find the manufacture of the rubber stop but I don't recall that being available before. Maybe the manufacture would be willing to sell as has been done with the handles as that was also not a part readily found. He knows how to research the nsn and cage codes. A lot of that is still jibberish & confusing to me ;-)

Jeepadict

@Ronald-Holland double check the UOC as Guy exercised above. I'm 99% sure the cable part you referenced is for an A1 chassis, and you have an A3 chassis. It may be worth the gamble if you can figure out a way to adapt it to your A3, but it is definitely not the correct part.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
thanks a lot everybody, indeed many are sold out.

For the bearings I just found https://www.globeworks.eu/wheel-bearing-inner-trailer-M101 (in Germany)

They also have this cable which i hope only the length is different https://www.globeworks.eu/brake-cable-trailer-M101-M116
This cable will not fit a M101A3 trailer.

Thanks for the ebay suggestions but from Holland we can't order items at Ebay Germany (but ofcourse its doable), I keep you posted
Open to see comment.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do think the cable I linked to on ebay is the correct one for m101a2
NSN 6105-01-168-7906 vs the tm 2530-01-168-7906

When I search in parts target the 6105-01-168-7906 it brings up the 2530-01-168-7906. I dont know what the first 4 digits stand for but maybe it is a supersede or different manufacture cage code of the same thing but the picture looks like the critter to me.

Handles are the same on all series. Just the cable length is different.
I think the A3 will also work, just longer because the A3 uses the taller hmmwv tire and the axle is a step drop.
Same with a A1 with the 9.00 x 16 taller tire.
A2 uses a straight axle with a smaller tire than the other 2.
Slack will fit under frame with no issue and the handle will still pull the cable/parking mechanism.

Fwiw, Ymmv

Guyfang

Staff member
The top listed cable is the right cable for the M101A3. It is 74 inches long. All other listed cables are too short. I marked them in red.

1 PAFZZ 2530-01-429-8346 92867 15641501 CABLE AND CONDUIT A 74 INCHES LONG
UOC: CT1,TC1 ............................................. 1
1 PAFZZ 2530-00-967-6278 92867 15785800 CONTROL ASSEMBLY,PU HAND BRAKE 67.125" LONG
UOC: 257,646 ............................................... 2
1 PAFZZ 2530-01-168-7906 19207 11686101 CABLE AND CONDUIT A 69 INCHES LONG
UOC: 258,263 ............................................... 1

Guyfang

Staff member
When I search in parts target the 6105-01-168-7906 it brings up the 2530-01-168-7906. I dont know what the first 4 digits stand for but maybe it is a supersede or different manufacture cage code of the same thing but the picture looks like the critter to me.

Federal Supply Classification Group (FSCG) (Or first four)
The initial subgroup, abcd, is the Federal Supply Classification Group (FSCG) [2] or National Supply Classification Group (NSCG). In theory, similar items would always have closely related numbers in this section of the NSN, no matter how the section is referred to. As the number of items has steadily increased and the system has become more complicated, it has not always been possible to keep similarity in numbers when the items are similar.

A good example is Fasteners, (nut,, screws, washers and such things.)
All screws, have the first four of: 5305-
All bolts, have the first four of: 5306-
All washers and nuts, have the first four of: 5310-

There are exceptions to this rule. And over the years, like explained above, they have changed things every 20-30 years.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting as we have no rules in the US prohibiting surge brakes. What about the towbar is not approved?

Can you tell us more about that unit? Is it also a hydraulic actuator? Looks like it can take up slack inbetween a towing vehicle and a trailer like a rail road carriage?

Curious as it looks like an interesting unit to use on a m101a1 that does not have brakes?

Hi Juan, sorry for my late response.
It's common EU overrun brake, its activates the handbrakes when the car slows down.

No the Nato towbar is not allowed here for civil vehicles, although they are way better, it can even tow a tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks