• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Suggestions for my CUCV II

Gunner USN

Here is my CUCV II (well new to me). Recovered this pass weekend [Presidents Day weekend (from Vermont to Minnesota)]. The CUCV II made the trip without any drama, plus I managed to dodge all the winter storms. Sorry about the photo being wrong side up.! I will post better pictures at a later date.

I am hoping to get some help on this one. As in the previous post, my CUCV II is former USAF Security Forces. i am very reluctant to return the same labeling, to vehicle due to the nature of the world today. So I was wondering, would it be correct labeling the Tahoe (bumper id marking) to keep as USAF or one the other Armed Forces IDs (I being former
US Navy)? If so any chance of getting supporting photos!

IMG_0721.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a nice long road-trip.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am assuming this the Dr Porkchop's II?

If so be advised that it has been switched to a straight 12v system.

It is your truck and you can label it anything you what. Being so few II's out there no one will know the difference.

cucvrus

Remove the flat green paint and return it to the original factory Gloss Black finish. Our local GM dealer had 2 of these for the Gap that were never painted green. They were gloss Black like they all were when they left the factory. That green paint job was done by a GM up-fitter. And they have gas engines , AM/FM radios , cruise control and A/C if I remember correctly. These were made for the kinder gentler Military. The last part I am joking about but the rest is true.

Gunner USN

I was given a copy of the build sheet, from the MA ANG, yes it was in black paint. Yes to the AM/FM radio with A/C, but no cruise control (would have been nice, on the drive home).

In my research, found it was built in Mexico, went to Military Outfit at Monroe Truck Equipment - Detroit, Michigan, where it went to TACOM - Detroit, Michigan.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do not use third party picture hosting. Post your pictures here.

Gunner USN

I have decided to go with USAF door and Bumper markings (seeing how I have to have state plates, displayed [go figure]). Now the next question is, does the Air Force paint (spray) or Vinyl Lettering (USAF TO 36-1-191 didn't see any reference), on the markings on the CUCV II style vehicles?

Last edited:

Madmedic

Now the next question is, does the Air Force paint (spray) or Vinyl Lettering
Depended on the vehicle, and it's usage. As a SAC-BRAT through the 70's, I can tell you the ONLY time I ever saw a USAF vehicle with decal markings vs painted, was on Senior Officer's vehicles, at the Puzzle Palace (Pentagon) and at Offut AFB.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks