• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for transfercase PTO

rizzo

I was thinking about buying the one Kenny had, but figured I didn't need it. Now here I am needing one.

A double trans pto would work too. I want to add a lift to my cargo box

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need one too it looks like. I should learn to keep this crap. Back burner for me so get one first Kevin

Blythewoodjoe

Unfortunately I have to pull the engine from the 5 ton I sold so it can be picked up. I also need to work about 50 hours a week for the next month. But the most important thing taking up my time is finishing the dump bed on my bobbed deuce. I dream about it. It is consuming me. I must finish.

Oh well, life goes on,
Joe Trapp

Blythewoodjoe

Wait a minute, I have one sitting in the "bus". It is missing the gear that goes on the transfer case. It is still on the transfer case. I could not get it to move. I took the pto off a couple of years ago. I have removed them before and they just slid off. Is there a trick to these things? If I could get this loose I could put it on ebay soon. The one I sold years ago included the handle from inside the cab and all the linkage. I have all that but I don't have time to remove all that right now.

Any thoughts?

OpieNoTool

I have a complete set up i got out of a junk yard a while ago it has the (handle, gear, pto, oil tube, everything) and i was thinking of selling it. There was one on ebay not to long ago and it went for $300 just the pto no gear nothing.i was going to try and get $450 out of it to get my money back out of it. let me know

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, there are 2 different methods to secure those. One has a bolt right into the output shaft on the transfer, the other has a set screw. The set screw one may have safety wire in the groove. Pic attached.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blythewoodjoe said:
Wait a minute, I have one sitting in the "bus". It is missing the gear that goes on the transfer case. It is still on the transfer case. I could not get it to move. I took the pto off a couple of years ago. I have removed them before and they just slid off. Is there a trick to these things? If I could get this loose I could put it on ebay soon. The one I sold years ago included the handle from inside the cab and all the linkage. I have all that but I don't have time to remove all that right now.

Any thoughts?
I had the same case a few weeks ago: removing the 50year old PTO + linkage was simple but that drive clutch was like welded on the tc shaft! All common trics failed so I had to fab a special tool to apply brute force! Challenging but it came off...!

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice tool when I get my lathe hooked up I will be making things like that too. I hope there are some PTO's and winch drive shafts at Aberdeen as I am putting a 20K on the M 52. Got the bumper off today and the winch with extensions is loose and waiting for the road to dry out so the forklift won't leave too big a ruts. Gonna buy a couple of batteries tomorrw and try to fire the truck up. Pictures will follow need time to download them.