• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for transfercase PTO

rizzo

I was thinking about buying the one Kenny had, but figured I didn't need it. Now here I am needing one.

A double trans pto would work too. I want to add a lift to my cargo box

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need one too it looks like. I should learn to keep this crap. Back burner for me so get one first Kevin

Blythewoodjoe

Unfortunately I have to pull the engine from the 5 ton I sold so it can be picked up. I also need to work about 50 hours a week for the next month. But the most important thing taking up my time is finishing the dump bed on my bobbed deuce. I dream about it. It is consuming me. I must finish.

Oh well, life goes on,
Joe Trapp

Blythewoodjoe

Wait a minute, I have one sitting in the "bus". It is missing the gear that goes on the transfer case. It is still on the transfer case. I could not get it to move. I took the pto off a couple of years ago. I have removed them before and they just slid off. Is there a trick to these things? If I could get this loose I could put it on ebay soon. The one I sold years ago included the handle from inside the cab and all the linkage. I have all that but I don't have time to remove all that right now.

Any thoughts?

OpieNoTool

I have a complete set up i got out of a junk yard a while ago it has the (handle, gear, pto, oil tube, everything) and i was thinking of selling it. There was one on ebay not to long ago and it went for $300 just the pto no gear nothing.i was going to try and get $450 out of it to get my money back out of it. let me know

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, there are 2 different methods to secure those. One has a bolt right into the output shaft on the transfer, the other has a set screw. The set screw one may have safety wire in the groove. Pic attached.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blythewoodjoe said:
Wait a minute, I have one sitting in the "bus". It is missing the gear that goes on the transfer case. It is still on the transfer case. I could not get it to move. I took the pto off a couple of years ago. I have removed them before and they just slid off. Is there a trick to these things? If I could get this loose I could put it on ebay soon. The one I sold years ago included the handle from inside the cab and all the linkage. I have all that but I don't have time to remove all that right now.

Any thoughts?
I had the same case a few weeks ago: removing the 50year old PTO + linkage was simple but that drive clutch was like welded on the tc shaft! All common trics failed so I had to fab a special tool to apply brute force! Challenging but it came off...!

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice tool when I get my lathe hooked up I will be making things like that too. I hope there are some PTO's and winch drive shafts at Aberdeen as I am putting a 20K on the M 52. Got the bumper off today and the winch with extensions is loose and waiting for the road to dry out so the forklift won't leave too big a ruts. Gonna buy a couple of batteries tomorrw and try to fire the truck up. Pictures will follow need time to download them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks