• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for unit information 8 ball

gentrysgarage

While cruising craigslist for parts for my M135 I ran across this M35 with the same marking on the door.
circle 8.jpg
Any ideas? or was it truck 8 at one time, though my truck was number 28 at its last posting..Thanks in Advance.

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck has 9 on the door and is the same color as the bridge plate and the bridge plate has 9 on it also.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The SEARCH button is your friend.

Now that others have led you to the fact that it is a "Bridge Plate", you can enter that in the SEARCH BOX and see a considerable cache of archived SS Forum discussions and explanations of BRIDGE PLATES.

Happy reading!

Carry on.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
BRIDGE PLATE??????!!!!!! No it's not! The 8 represents the number of kills. When the military started getting rid of truck they Got rid of the ones with 8 or fewer kills as underperforming. I know a lot of trucks had 69 kills cause that's what those numbers meant on the front round metal thing. That's why they made it so the numbers could be changed so quick. For whatever reason some general in the pentagon set the number as 69 kills and the truck was considered a hero and retired via Drmo. I know these things cause I'm Carnac. I also know them because it was on the internet and if it wasn't it is now and everything on the internet is true.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BRIDGE PLATE??????!!!!!! No it's not! The 8 represents the number of kills. When the military started getting rid of truck they Got rid of the ones with 8 or fewer kills as underperforming. I know a lot of trucks had 69 kills cause that's what those numbers meant on the front round metal thing. That's why they made it so the numbers could be changed so quick. For whatever reason some general in the pentagon set the number as 69 kills and the truck was considered a hero and retired via Drmo. I know these things cause I'm Carnac. I also know them because it was on the internet and if it wasn't it is now and everything on the internet is true.
CARNAC, oh great one, you once again baffle us with your brilliance and befuddle us with your bull____ ! ! !
You are demonstrating that beyond a shadow of a doubt, you have pressed too many MV's against your turban'd forehead, Sir.
May the healing be quick and painless.

Carry on.

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I fell out of my seat laughing.