• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for vent line diagram

garlar4

Banned
Does any one have a complete vent line diagram for the hmmwv. I am looking to trace all my lines and check them. Would be helpful if I can fine a full diagram for a standard hmmwv.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

parklandtrans

I would think that a set of instructions from a deep water fording kit for a HMMWV should be the answer your looking for..?
If I remember correctly that will cover almost if not all of the vent lines used...any input from other members on this one...or am I barking up the wrong tree..??
I will research this and post any and all results I find for you on this thread..!
Bob (parkland Trans)

garlar4

Banned
Thanks guys, I'm not sure why more people have not chimed in here. I did find this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gcbennet

My RH rear brakes were rubbing and heated to the point where it melted the vent tube crossing above it to the diff. Does anyone have a source for vent line on the market? Kascar sells it but it's not cheap, but I figure there's probably a compatible aftermarket somewhere out there we can use without having to give up our first born.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might not be spec but I often sold plain ole rubber vacuum line to splice hard plastic tubing in my parts day. Cut off clean both pieces where melted and stick a piece of rubber hose over the rigid tubing spanning both pieces. Tie wrap to pull away from trouble area.

Last edited:

Action

My RH rear brakes were rubbing and heated to the point where it melted the vent tube crossing above it to the diff. Does anyone have a source for vent line on the market? Kascar sells it but it's not cheap, but I figure there's probably a compatible aftermarket somewhere out there we can use without having to give up our first born.
AMG sells it by the foot, IIRC. If Kascar has a high price, it may be for a roll of it.

fpchief

NAPA has it. i just bought some. It seems to be the same stuff. Almost impossible to seat fully up on the barbed fitting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks