• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Vietnam era pics of V100's with 504th

wgtactical

Was hoping to use photos and experiences provided by surviving crewmembers that would be helpful on a restoration of a XM706E1 (V100)

I remember Eddie Black was a great local resource for finding information relating to such things, unfortunately he has since passed away in 2007

wgtactical

Among the field modifications performed on vehicles in Vietnam was the addition of a weapon mount from a M113 cupola to the V100 turret as seen in the attached picture. The V100 we will be restoring actually had this modification as the mounting locations are still intact, and we are in the process of finding a mount.

UDV100 (2).jpg

Last edited:

wgtactical

While we are making the last few parts for the dummy M73's, a friend of mine called and asked if I needed a Ferret (like there's anyone who doesn't) and so we ended up with one. Everyone knows I have been looking for a photo of the 1969 Blood Sweat and Tears V100 from the early 70's and so far have not found anything. I get this 1954 British Ferret and in the matter of hours find a clear photo of it in service in the early 60's, thanks to @patracy...

The turret is nicely built fake but it rides on a legit turret bearing like was used on the T50 turrets and M26 and M27 cupolas.

Anyway, this acquisition will inspire us to build replica fenders and other parts that are no longer available for this little car

wgtactical

Making progress on the turret parts. The original finish on this fire control box was removed and white Cerakote and laser engraving/color fill replaced the ink stamped markings. This control box mounted on the traversing gearbox and controlled the twin M73 mg's

We will re-wrap the wiring harness before we reinstall it to give it the final restored touch.

wgtactical

I was forwarded a link to this M113 which bears the same name "Blood Sweat and Tears" and the caption associated with the photo reads "We had a slight problem one day. Bravo Co., 4th Bn., 23 Inf. Reg., 25th Inf. Div. 1970"

Although it isn't the photo of our V100 I had been searching for, it does give some hope that one may be found.

Kenny6768

I was forwarded a link to this M113 which bears the same name "Blood Sweat and Tears" and the caption associated with the photo reads "We had a slight problem one day. Bravo Co., 4th Bn., 23 Inf. Reg., 25th Inf. Div. 1970"

Although it isn't the photo of our V100 I had been searching for, it does give some hope that one may be found.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks