• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for whiffle tree

houdel

Ok. Now that everyone has had their fun, both BMS07 and I are looking for a WHIFFLE TREE. Anyone got one or two?

BMS07 - You CAN go back to your original posting, hit the "EDIT" button at the bottom of the posting, and correct the spelling so you can get this thread back on track.

cbvet

Noun: whiffletree 'wiful`tree

1. A crossbar that is attached to the traces of a draft horse and to the vehicle or implement that the horse is pulling

Okay, I looked it up. Are you guys restoring military horse-drawn wagons?

Eric
CBVET

Crash_AF

LOL, No... A whiffle tree is a bar that attaches to the tow rings on a military vehicle so that the wrecker can lift it. Do a search and you can find pics.

Later,
Joe

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jim henry in NC has some i just bought one about 5 months ago and i was happy with price and condition. there are some on ebay also but jim is cheaper Tim

citizensoldier

Yep, just need a couple pins.. I could make them but just dont have time to mess with it right now. I hope someone out there has purchased a GL lot that had a bunch.. :D Or maybe a wrecker with a few extra rolling around the storage boxes..

No.2Diesel

Here is the previously mentioned Wiffle tree, Homemade style......I took two 1/2" THK. plates and cut em' out and welded the perimeters up as well as adding some plug welds on the reverse side. Lift shackles attaching tree to towbar are 1-1/8' Dia.

I have not observed any warping of the plate or excessive wear at the lift points. I'm sure that the type of steel used for HD pintle hitches would wear longer.

Attachments