• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Windshield "Round Seal"

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to source two seals which go on the windshield hinge bracket. It is P/N 8741839 shown as #22 in the attached illustration. Any ideas if and where these can be located?

Thanks,

Attachments

When I replaced my windshields, I left the screws that hold the windshield to the upper frame loose and just ran a bead of silicone in there to replace the gasket. So far, no leaks. But if you can find the gaskets by all means replace them.

pjvargas

I needed these quite a while ago, called around quite a few places as well as checked with some of the OEM's and couldn't find any. I think the outlook is pretty grim.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably, I have found some expanded neoprene cord at McMaster Carr. Does anyone know if the original seal was round. My old ones are too distorted to tell.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am redoing my cab right now and when I took the windshield off it just had a 1" wide x 1/8" foam weatherstripping under the windshield.
I may just go back with that.

Sorry I was thinking it was the gasket under the windshield, miss read..

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I sent out some of the stuff I used as a make-shift gasket. It has worked well for me, but I have since found a windshield top that was brandy-new. I have yet to install it, so if you need pics, let me know.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me take a look at what you sent first. If it worked for you it should for me. I don't want you to go to any trouble.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did find some round seal from McMaster-carr, see link
I used it and it worked great, but you have to buy 100ft of it.
It runs about .21ft.
So I have a lot lift over.

McMaster-Carr

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
harleyrkc, It worked very well. I used a little weatherstripping glue on the ends and a spot in the middle to hold it in place till I got it screwed down.

Attachments

Paul Wolfe

Hi,
There is a product called backer bead, it is designed to be placed around new house windors before the window frame is caulked to the window opening. It is round expanded foam, is is very compressible. The 3/8 inch might be the perfect item. Home improvement stores have it usually in the window insulation area.