• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking into buying a M275. advice?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ditto what Ferro said about use.....the NA engine will run the little tractor just fine bobtailing (mine shows 60mph on level ground).

Pulling a load is another kettle of fish....dragging one of my van trailers around it will not pull the hat off your head.

My plan is to try to find a multi-fuel engine out of a 5 ton since they have more HP.

One of the reasons I want another M915 is to pull the big van trailer to rallys and to haul a lowboy if I need to.

badga the badger

my reasons for getting the shortwheel base deuce is 1, they arent that common so its unique in that. 2, all i intend on tow ing is a small van or a small flatbed with one or two pallets, so i dont really need a 5 ton. question: will a m275 tow a m373?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck had a good running turbo motor. I pulled an M373 from Carrolton GA to Port St Lucie FL a few years back. I couldn't have been happier to get that thing off the back. Top speed was governed by wind. Sometimes 60, sometimes 45. While going around Atlanta on the look, I hit the hill by the airport at 55, crested the top at 25. It would tow another deuce no problem. Towed an M146 no problem but between the extra weight of the M373 and the wind resistance, it struggled alot. The ideal trailer for the M275A2 is the M118 flatbed.

jatonka

I love my M275A2 tractor, that said........... the ideal trailer for a deuce trailer is an M416.
Yes I typed the numbers correctly. 818s and 915s are haulers, if you gotta move something. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks