• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to install 5 ton winch

kaiser2help

I have an older M series 5 ton with an identification tag that says m series 5 ton without winch. However, I am looking to put one on. Can anyone tell me besides the winch itself, mounting brackets, and propeller shaft etc, from start to finish what are all the components that I will need to make the install correct and complete. Cranetruck or Floridianson could you help elaborate.? As always any input is greatly appreciated.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Pto, pto control lonkage, drive shaft, frame extensons ( inner/ outer), winch mounting plates, lower winch mounting angles, NEW bolts, AND of course the WINCH

groundog

:driver:BE SURE TO GET ALL THE BOLTS AND NUTS WITH THE FRAME EXTENSIONS--THEY GET EXPENSIVE---ALSO SHIFT LEVER AND LINKAGE ALONG WITH THE PTO AND GASKETS-I PUT ONE ON MY M-813A1---INSTALL WINCH BUT BEST TO LEAVE BOLTS A LITTLE LOOSE TILL EVERYTHING LINED UP----PTO SHIFT LINKAGE SHOULD BE PRETTY CLOSE IF IT CAME OUT OF A TRUCK BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO ADJUST IT SOME NEW DATA PLATE---GOOD LUCK