• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loose 939 spring mounts! Scary find!

acme66

Giving the tour truck its weekly crawl under/over and I found something that I think is alarming and that you might want to check on your own trucks. Better than half of the bolts that held the front and rear spring perches to the frame were not tight, some barely qualified as 'snug'. Only two of the bolts had the look of one that was loose which is why I put a wrench on it in the first place. Once I started checking all of them however... Nuts are 7/8, bolt heads 13/16. If I was closer to the other trucks I would go see if they were loose also. As it is given how everything looked fine but wasn't I thought I would share. In my opinion everyone should check this real quick to make sure it was an anomaly for my truck and not a larger issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fwlXtNdLF0

Ken

Gunzy

My friends M923 had all 3 bolts broken off of the front perch of the right front spring and had shifted back about 2 inches. He drove it from Bakersfield that way not knowing.

jerry v

Ken, yes, had to tighten 3 nuts, they looked ok, when I got a wrench on it .they were just snug, not tight at all.

jerry v

In the morning, I will get my air gun, and go thru entire truck,will not drive until I do that . thanks ken[thumbzup]

therooster2001

I have a clunk that only happens when I pull out of my garages entrance that is a slight dip down to the right and the right side always clunks, I wonder is this is in play. Do we know what the nuts / bolts are supposed to be torqued to?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads up. [thumbzup]

I checked both my 939's, all secure. Headed over to the farm to get under the 813...

Cheers

Grimm21

A big thank you for starting this thread I checked my bolts and found 2 loose the paint on them looked good and I didn't find any rust trails around them but the wrench does not lie. So a big thank you one more time so my 923 will go down the road safely.

acme66

Good to know. One loose bolt, or three in my case just transfers all the load to the others. Might not seem like a big deal but if the others shear when offroad or under braking bad things can happen. It just shocked me how all of mine seemed fine except that one.

Ken

therooster2001

None of my spring mounts were loose, but the nuts to the cab with the rubber mounts were loose (sort of above the springs) , I wouldn't expect them to be torqued, but how tight should those be? I don't even know what to search in the TM..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks