• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loose lower radiator tanks

JasonS

While looking for a multi radiator, I have noticed that a large portion of radiators have loose lower tank mounts. I found a nice radiator and would like to keep it that way. Any suggestions on why they fall apart? Vibration due to low idle speed or ???

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My uneducated guess is vibration and maybe flexing when on rough terrain.

I have had a few like that and the good news is that if you have basic brazing skills you can reattach the mount without a lot of trouble (other than pulling the rad).

They are soldered on...not welded..... so repair is easy.

rlwm211

I had to repair my radiator when I got my truck. I used a heavy duty sheet metal soldering iron, a good cleaning flux and solder rated for the materials I was putting together. The hardest part was removing the radiator so I could properly clean up the surfaces and access the places where it needed to be repaired. 3000 miles later it is solid and no leaks....

RL

JasonS

Road grime and salt had gotten between the tank and frame and rotted out the tanks on a number of radiators.

jasonjc

OK guys can you post up some more info on the solder, irons and stuff?? I need to fix 6 or 8 radiators. The last one I took to a shop and they did NOT do a good job at all. So need to start doing them myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks