• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost auction this time, Going for a M105A so what to expect

ssgtwright-usmc

Well, the trailer I was bidding on (M116A3), 1 of 5 on GL website, I was outbidded on at the last minute.
Looked like no one was bidding on the 5 lots except for the one that (I) was bidding on.
All 5 trailers must have been bought by the same person.
Next time, what price should I place and what should I expect to pay at the end of the auction?
Now they have one M105A which I will go for and thats the last of the trailers in my location area.
Please let me know what to expect in price range so I dont get caught with my pants somewhat down like this past auction.
The starting price on the lots is $150

dm22630

RE: Lost auction this time, Going for a M105A so what to exp

I just bought a BRAND NEW M105A2 trailer with fiberglass sides, LED lights, new hoses, new wiring, NO rust, and almost new tires for $210.00 last week.

I would think that you would not have too much competition in Hawaii.....just wait it out, and you will get one between 200-300 bucks.

ssgtwright-usmc

I hope so, their is only 1 in this lot and it starts on the 23rd and ends on the 25th.
Guess I need to get into my old ebay habits and be logged on up till the last minute.

dm22630

If there is only one....you WILL pay a lot more than if there were 10.

When I bought my M332 trailer, there were 10 that went. I paid $200.

The next week there were 60+ that went.......ALL went for under $100.

2 weeks later, there was only one that went.....it sold for OVER $700!

Patience is a virtue....

2cents

papercu

What did they bring? There are no last minutes in a G/L auction (15 min. rule) I bid all I want, at the last 15 min then shut down till after the sale. I hate nibblers. Price depends on what comes with it. Could be 150 to 450.00 here stateside, I don't keep up with your area. Wayne

ssgtwright-usmc

I guess they waited till the 15 minute cutoff and placed their bid at that time.
I didnt even get a notice until the auction was over.

54reo

Re: RE: Lost auction this time, Going for a M105A so what to

dm22630 said:
I just bought a BRAND NEW M105A2 trailer with fiberglass sides, LED lights, new hoses, new wiring, NO rust, and almost new tires for $210.00 last week.

I would think that you would not have too much competition in Hawaii.....just wait it out, and you will get one between 200-300 bucks.
You stink!

Seriously, you HAVE to post pics of that one.

dm22630

jcappeljr said:
I also bought a new one last week paid $268.00 total.
I was high bidder on both of the new ones until the last 20 minutes or so. Thanks for not bidding them both up.....because neither of us would have gotten a cheap trailer.....I would have bid those up to $500. I was VERY tempted to keep bidding on yours once mine closed.....but I figured that you didnt run my trailer price up, so why do that to you. ;)

By the way....YOUR trailer is identical to mine, except I had LED lights & yours has a fiberglass rear gate & cargo cover.

They are BRAND NEW! No rust, no dings, no scratches. It looks like they were stored inside.

Here are pics of mine.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daniel: It is actually an older trailer with a replacement bed. That is why the bed looks so nice. I have one from a previous sale. You can also tell it is an older trailer because of the small lights...not the later style composite lights. It is a beautiful trailer.

dm22630

So no LEDs?? :( Those lights looked new in person....I thought it was LEDs.

The bed at least looks new. ;) And the frame & axle are rust free from what I remember.

Thanks for the correction! :mrgreen:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did well. Short of the lights, the newer trailers and the older trailers are about the same. There are a few other differences, like the front and rear sling points, but nothing major. Youg have a beautiful trailer! Congrats!