• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loud Bang Coming From the Rear (of my M1009)

cucvrus

I doubt you cracked the ring and pinion. I picture you had wheel spin on ice or snow and it caught and broke a tooth. It happens. I always use 4WD to avoid spinning. But I had used these m1009's very very hard and never broke the rear. My Son's on the other hand could break an Anvil. My new truck has basically the same rear in it as have all the other new Chevrolet rucks I owned in the past 20 years. Take Care. Let me know when and how you want to proceed. I can dig a rear axle out from under the tarp. I made a deck out of an old K5 frame and put all my axles off the ground and under a tarp. It works and keeps them cleaner and drier. Good Luck. keep in contact.

ssdvc

Nah, that isn't me. I got three calls and an email, probably from the same insurance guy !!!

Just resent, let me know if you get it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks